RC poster

Slash 4X4 Platinum 8.4V 4200Mah 4 Series charger question

Ok so about a week ago I got my Slash 4X4 Platinum
    (I actually bought myself a Ultimate one but they were out of stock,
    so the store I bought it from gave me a Platinum, and all the parts that would be with the ultimate one.)

He forgot to include the charger, so I sent him an e-mail.
    Today I recieved the charger, but it is a 200 mAh (7.2 volt, NiMH, #2924),
    wich is the same charger like my Ken Block charger:

I tried the charger and it charges it to about 10.4V max (I have a multimeter),
    The runtime is just awefull, about 5-10 minutes MAX (If low voltage detection is on It goes directly to the 50% throttle
    and if you drive it, the motor shuts down in about 10 seconds.)

The Ultimate has the 350 mA 7 cell, NiMH, #2927 charger.

So again, can this charger charge my 2x 8.4V 4200Mah 4 series batteries like they should be charged? If not, recommend me a good charger for these batteries.

Extra: pic of my slash (first time I paint a body)

Greetings,

DESTROYER17

RC Qualifier
    IMHO, your better off getting a "real" charger that will peak charge your batteries. Something such as a thunder ac6 or ac680.

That charger may charge everything but from the sound of it it will take all day and it will not peak charge. A good peak charger will charge your packs in an hour or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    Every competely dicharge NiMh pack charged at the right amperage will charge in less than an hour
    Yes, I drive an electric converted Nitro Hawk.

RC Qualifier
    You're trying to charge a 4,200 mAh battery........ with a 200 mAh charger? A quick check of the math says you're looking at twenty-one hours of charging time. If you're only running 5 mins, how long did you charge those batteries for?

And jumping "up" to the 350 mAh charger is also a waste of time, as in twelve hours of charge time.

P/N: 2930 , The 4 amp EZ Peak should get those batteries done in roughly 63 mins (if it can actually put out 4 amps), and looks to be AC or DC powered.

There's a seemingly limitless number of better options out there, just gotta go look for what you want. I use an Onyx 230, and a couple of 240's, and I like them.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubble View Post
    If you're only running 5 mins, how long did you charge those batteries for?
    8-10 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubble View Post
    P/N: 2930 , The 4 amp EZ Peak should get those batteries done in roughly 63 mins (if it can actually put out 4 amps), and looks to be AC or DC powered.
    Yes, I also took a look at that charger, but I might aswell spend a little more and get a charger with more options? And I also have to find a store close to Belgium that has them (Belgium or holland...).

I'll order a new charger one of these days and keep the suggestions in mind,
    Thank you deerhurst, hurley747 and Trubble I'll let you guys know what charger I bought.

The wrong charger I recieved is not really lost, now I can charge both my Ken Block batteries at once

Greets DESTROYER17.

RC Qualifier

Lightbulb

hi Destroyer where in belgium / holland do you live ?
    in the south side of holland there are many shops specialized in Traxxas
    http://www.rc-connect.nl/home/index....sion&Itemid=44
    these are traxxas -dealers here ;-)

i`m kinda happy with so many traxxas shops close to home

good luck
    franz
    greetings from holland
    www.rcm-alkmaar.nl

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by franzD1 View Post
    hi Destroyer where in belgium / holland do you live ?
    I live near "Roeselare" in Belgium, Thanks for that site btw , I found a shop very close to my home, I will go and check it out tomorrow.

For the #2924 charger, no mather how long I charge the batteries for, they never get hot, so it means they never get fully charged. I'll be happy if I finally get my new charger.

Greets DESTROYER17.

You might want to get a charger that does Lipo as well. If you decide to upgrade later you will already have the charger ready. I have a Hyperion charger and it is a great charger! Will charge nimh and lipos fast!
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC poster
    Got my Elysium LX60B Pro today, great charger btw.

I also got my Baja bug body, any hints when cutting it out?
    (I allready know not to cut trough the wing(back spoiler) that is in front of the car).