RC poster

Odd clicking noise

So I was running my revo on the beach the other day, when it started making a clicking noise, I thought it was just a stick that was stuck, It still made the noise after I took out the stick. I stopped running it and took it home, I have taken apart the front end transfer case, the rear end is still together and still making the click noise when I move the drive shaft. I have to go to work now, but I'm going to take apart the rear end after I get back and clean it out. Any suggestions as to what it might be, or what else to do? Also borrowing my friends air compressor to clean it. Any suggestions would help, thanks a bunch

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    *Diff case, a transfer box is something entirely different.

Sounds like the rear diff has probably blown ( the rear is always the first to go usually as it suffers the most under load & acceleration- sand = lots of load... ), unless it's something simple like a loose screw catching on a moving part. You can hold one rear wheel still and turn the other, chances are it will click & feel a bit rough.

This will help improve durability:

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...to-shim-a-diff.
    Keeping the Mods busy is my specialty...

RC poster
    so it wasnt the diff case at all, there was some string wraped around just inside the wheel hub, took it out and no longer making noise.