RC Qualifier

picked up some new lipos!

Well since i work at a hobby shop I have decided to order two of the traxxas lipos. I got the 7600 mah 2 cell. I just finished charging them will try them out tomorrow. I will be comparing them to other lipos that i have.
    Revenge 1/8 buggy

RC Racer
    how long do you expect to gain in run time?

and what are these going for btw?

RC Qualifier
    What are your other lipos that you'll be comparing the to?

An 8000 mAh will run about 45 min in a BL Revo. I would think a 7800 mAh in a Summit 45 /50 min may be depending on the LVC. Speaking of do you have an LVC or are you running a BL system??
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

Quote Originally Posted by 87 GN View Post
    An 8000 mAh will run about 45 min in a BL Revo. I would think a 7800 mAh in a Summit 45 /50 min may be depending on the LVC. Speaking of do you have an LVC or are you running a BL system??
    But if you gear it like a Summit (mine was 12/65) a pair of 8000s will last over 2 hours in an ERBE.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    i am comparing them to my kershaw designs lipo and my *****. all are 2 cell. I am running a MM setup. Cost is areou 82.00 each. but since i work at a hobby shop i get them cheaper.
    Revenge 1/8 buggy

I'm assuming none of those are close to 8000 mAh? The weight of the 8000s I run in my Summit makes it a better machine. I hope you find the same with your Traxxas 7600s.

RC Qualifier
    the kershaw designs are 7200 35c and the *****'s are 5800 35C.
    Revenge 1/8 buggy

Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    But if you gear it like a Summit (mine was 12/65) a pair of 8000s will last over 2 hours in an ERBE.
    Are you driving Miss Daisy HaHa That is prob true on a brushed system: what is the top speed of 12/65 High & Low?? Stock is 14/68. So you geared down about 3 teeth. Did I figure that right? Down 2 on pinion so -6 up 3 on the spur = geared down 3 teeth. Right? Thanks:

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I also geared my Summit down by 2 teeth on the pinion. This was done with no concern for top speed, but only for more useable trail crawling abilities. ksb changed his gearing based upon my recommendation and after driving my Summit. Real two hour runtimes are possible with 8,000mAh packs in the Summit while operating in trail-type crawling conditions.

RC Qualifier
    just got done doing some testing. NO real data just perceived data. Well the traxxas lipos are serious in power compared to ***** and kershaw lipos. The burst is unreal. I flipped bacwards and snapped my body mount. Lots of power and incredible runtime. still using the battery now after 40 minutes of bashing. THUMBS UP TRAXXAS ON YOUR LIPOS!
    Revenge 1/8 buggy

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by OnebadTMAXX3.3 View Post
    just got done doing some testing. NO real data just perceived data. Well the traxxas lipos are serious in power compared to ***** and kershaw lipos. The burst is unreal. I flipped bacwards and snapped my body mount. Lots of power and incredible runtime. still using the battery now after 40 minutes of bashing. THUMBS UP TRAXXAS ON YOUR LIPOS!
    You should make a video! How much did you buy the lipos with a discount?

RC Qualifier
    i got them for 65.00. I don't do videos too much i am not that technologically advanced yet. I will have to get someone to video me and my buddy bashing.
    Revenge 1/8 buggy

Are you driving Miss Daisy HaHa That is prob true on a brushed system: what is the top speed of 12/65 High & Low?? Stock is 14/68. So you geared down about 3 teeth. Did I figure that right? Down 2 on pinion so -6 up 3 on the spur = geared down 3 teeth. Right? Thanks:
    The truck in question was a E-Revo Brushless Edition modified as best I could - neglecting the tranny gear swap - to crawl alongside a Summit. I geared it 12/65 because that's what I had on hand. It did very well and was faster than the 12/68 geared Summit in high gear. The 2 hours was due to the fact that we stopped for a break and I just felt like switching to a backup set. I had not hit my LVC of 3.4V/cell when I switched.
    Oh, btw - the said Summit running mate had comparable longevity from the 8000s.

the kershaw designs are 7200 35c and the *****'s are 5800 35C.
    Hmmm - so after comparing 25C Traxxas to others' 35C, what conclusions may be drawn regarding how some companies rate their batteries?
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 08-28-2011 at 12:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
    I also geared my Summit down by 2 teeth on the pinion. This was done with no concern for top speed, but only for more useable trail crawling abilities. ksb changed his gearing based upon my recommendation and after driving my Summit. Real two hour runtimes are possible with 8,000mAh packs in the Summit while operating in trail-type crawling conditions.
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    The truck in question was a E-Revo Brushless Edition modified as best I could - neglecting the tranny gear swap - to crawl alongside a Summit. I geared it 12/65 because that's what I had on hand. It did very well and was faster than the 12/68 geared Summit in high gear. The 2 hours was due to the fact that we stopped for a break and I just felt like switching to a backup set. I had not hit my LVC of 3.4V/cell when I switched.
    Oh, btw - the said Summit running mate had comparable longevity from the 8000s.

Hmmm - so after comparing 25C Traxxas to others' 35C, what conclusions may be drawn regarding how some companies rate their batteries?

Humm... 10 char.....

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Yeah, yeah.
    I originally misread his post and by the time I noticed it, it was too late for me to edit mine.

Summit gearing is tricky it is not all about the top speed. But you do need the right mix of speed & torque. Sometimes you need a little speed. IDK was just wondering what the top speed was, & if I figured the teeth count correctly.

RC Qualifier
    Hmmm - so after comparing 25C Traxxas to others' 35C, what conclusions may be drawn regarding how some companies rate their batteries?[/QUOTE]

well i would have to say that kershaw designs batteries are the closest to correctly stating the C rating in there batteries. ***** as well. i mean some companies totally blow the C rating out of the water and others are in the ball park. I would have to say that both kershaw and ***** do a great job at stating the closest C rating.
    Revenge 1/8 buggy

Humm... 10 char.....
    Yeah, yeah.
    I originally misread his post and by the time I noticed it, it was too late for me to edit mine.
    No correction needed. Jakey was right too. There have been multiple 2-hour runs in each vehicle, and I have talked to Jakey about it a bunch. I just was specifically writing about the ERBE in my post. Gearing down makes the batteries last a LONG time even in the tough climbing conditions I prefer.