RC Enthusiast

Jato front arms on a Slash?

I heard somewhere that Jato front arms will fit on a Slash and make the front wider but I cant tell if they will. The LHS is closed for 2 weeks while they move to another location so Im not able to just go look at the physical dimensions. Dont want to spend the money on the Protrac kit as I mainly bash and race on my frontyard track. Anyway, does anyone know if they will work? Will I need more than the arms and the longer turnbuckles to do it? How much wider will it make it? Would rear arms make the rear wider too?

Thanks!

RC Qualifier
    I don't know about the jato arms, but n vmy buddy bought the protrac arms a la cart (without buying the whole kit). He has since passed them on to me an I use them with the longer links.
    I Wanna Go Fast!

RC Qualifier
    here is a couple videos showing you the outcome:

SSC SLASH 4X4 (Long gone...)
    Slash 4x4 PE LCG

RC Enthusiast
    Indy, Thanks! Thats exactly what I was looking for. So you had to trim a little off the arms to make everything fit? Did all the stock Slash parts work with the Jato arms and turnbuckles? How does it handle now?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamisguy View Post
    Indy, Thanks! Thats exactly what I was looking for. So you had to trim a little off the arms to make everything fit? Did all the stock Slash parts work with the Jato arms and turnbuckles? How does it handle now?
    i have no idea how it handles.

i think you need jato turnbuckes and steering links. correct me if im wrong.
    yes i think you may have to remove some material from the arms in order for the steering knuckles to fit, not sure of this.
    SSC SLASH 4X4 (Long gone...)
    Slash 4x4 PE LCG

RC Qualifier
    Rancho Tehama or Red Bluff area or California
    slash 4x4 rears works for the rear of the 2x4 truck. But I would just go with protrac kit. Then you have everything needed. But I did have a shock tower and a arm break on me. I emailed them and they asked for some pics and they sent out brand new set of arms and the tower and had a pre paid package for me to send the parts back so they can see what went wrong. And since then I didn't have a problem.
    Broken parts=New better parts

RC Enthusiast
    Will the protrac kit make it just as wide or almost?