Thread: e revo or slash

RC Enthusiast

e revo or slash

i want a new rc car and i like both the e revo and the slash and the e revo is going to take longer to get because of the price but in the long run what one is going to break first in just some driving and jumps im not sure because the only one i have is a team associated rc10t2 and i want a truck to drive in the winter and i dont want to have to spend a lot on parts thanks

RC Qualifier
    I have both. I got my e revo used with a cracked a arm in the front and an aftermarket brushless since it was a brushed model when new. I beat the snot out of it last outing with a buddy of mine and his slash and was surprised to not break something because of the size and weight of the e revo. I kinda launched off the top of a 25+ foot tall cone of rock and I'm sure it tumbled all the way down but was at the bottom, a good bit away rubber side down and unharmed.

As for my slash I've had that for about a year now and love it. The revo is my first 4x4 but the slash is a 2wd following the stadium truck I used to have. I have broken things like a bulkhead and bearing carriers ( got hit head on by an aluminum stampede ) and the rear carriers for some reason liked to split in half on speed runs after I went brushless ( had a 5800kv in if for a while ). Broke a chassis too. No idea how. The back end just became a trailer when playing in the road. No jumps or rolls. Now with some aluminum bits and the rustler chassis conversion I have not broken a thing! I still have the original a arms on a 1 year old 50mph truck. I recently put a 4 pole motor in it and it kinda eats the plastic drive shafts. It's been abused more then I want to admit but keeps going. I have even bent shock shafts 90degrees and not broken anything else in the area.

I guy I go to college with and bash/ race with has a slash 4x4. It's completely nuts and has wayyyyy too much power. It took a barrel roll twice at 60+ mph with out anything more then a scratch. Once without a body on and was still accelerating when it got airborne and sailed over our heads as we dove for cover. He managed to break a velineon motor ( at a race the magnet came loose ) and a couple a arms from a 60+ run tumble into the ditch by the road.

Either way. You won't be disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    thanks

RC Racer
    If you're looking to go off roading definitely get the erevo, or any 4x4 truck really. Four wheel drive will make it a lot easier to control and much better handling, especially if you're running a real high powered brushless system.

RC Qualifier
    Agreed. A 2wd takes some finesse to drive well and is some times impossible to drive with a very high power setup. I feel the 4x4 understeers and the 2wd oversteers. It's all down to your preference. The 4x4 seems to tractor along. Great for bashing and pretty dang good for racing too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC poster
    i like the 1 16 e revo

RC Qualifier
    i have a slash and a emaxx i like both but the slash is my favorite my emax is broken now so a put my tacon 4074 2150kv 4 pole motor i had in my emaxx and put it in my slash 2wd on 3s all i can say is wow lots of torque and top end 21/50 gearing i broke my plastic driveshafts 2day and i ordered strc cvds im keeping this motor in this truck and when i put my emaxx back on the road im getting a tenshock 2150kv 6 pole but my friend i think you will be happy with either
    Slash 3s 2150kv
    Mod1 27/36 61mph

RC Racer
    The simple answer is get an E-Revo (preferrably brushless).

While the Slash 2x or 4x are both great trucks, they are more designed to be track trucks. The Revo is an off-road beast, while still designed from track experience. Simply put, you can drive it in MANY more places than you can a Slash.

If you can, get a brushless model. Reliability and performance are soooooo much better.

As for broken parts, the primary issues you'll have from stock is shocks leaking oil. Or brushed motors overheating and needing complete replacement. Otherwise, most other issues are driver-created problems; such as broken A-arms from crashing into something. Maybe a broken bulkhead from your cousin running full throttle into the back of an F-350...

RC Qualifier
    i got alittle bit of a different view i had a brushed e-revo and i have 6 slashes . i ended up selling the e-revo because of the fun factor . meaning it takes less to do more . me and my brother would go run together and yes he could climb different thing and go threw taller grass but the revo would suck up 5000mah 7 cells like it was a snack . wear a 7 cell in a lighter truck well i dont have to tell you wear this going .plus a mmm in a 4x4 slash is crazy .i have 2wd and 4wd slashes their really hard to beat both can be broken and both are good trucks just my .02

RC poster
    I have both trucks and I LOVE my E-REVO!!!!!!!!!!! I do like my slash a lot, but after I put a brushless system in my E-REVO I was sold. The E-REVO is by far my favorite basher it is fast, strong, big, loud, and it can go almost anywhere. Witch ever car you get you can be sure it is strong, both can take an absolute beating and keep going. As for racing, the E-REVO is very competitive in the monster truck class and is still fun to drive in the truggy class. As for the slash there are better options. Unfortunately the E-REVO is very expensive, and a brushless system is almost needed to get the best bashing experience.
    If its fast electric and Traxxas I have one :)