RC Qualifier

1/5 scale from Traxxas?

Is there any faith in Traxxas that they will make a 1/5 scale R/C truck/car? The last one was years ago called the Monster buggy. Since now there are brushless systems available for 1/5 I would love for them to get into the market. It seems like you really have one choice when it comes to 1/5 which is Baja. I just believe with the technology out there I wish Traxxas will give it another thought. Their biggest hurdle will be the price. If they can come up with a RTR kit for around $700 that would be still affordable in regards of what you are getting. Doesn't have to be bullet proof as I know the aftermarket will handle that issue. What do you guys think? Make a 1/5 brushless or stick with the 1/10th and 1/16th?
    Last edited by Jclay; 08-20-2011 at 06:41 PM.
    Speed is the rate of change of distance with time.

RC Champion
    I don't know,
    I think they would be able to compete with companies such as HPI.
    But I don't see them doing a brushless version, it would probably be a 26cc
    two stroke or something similar.
    Maybe a 26cc nitro.
    I would have to have one then.

God answers prayer,pray,believe,NEVER GIVE UP!!!

RC Qualifier
    thats one thing traxxas lacks. they have great products but hpi always has something new. i think traxxas needs a new nitro product like completely different, this would be a big + imo
    JESUS CHRIST EVERYDAY!!

RC Champion
    Traxxas needs to stop making 1/16 that are all the same with different bodies and make something new. Hpi is coming out with 1/8 Gasoline trucks. They will be out in 2012, but they have done tons of new vehicles, traxxas just is doing the same ole 1/16 just changing one thing on each vehicle
    Hows that nitro taste on your electric?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    ^^^^ i agree, Why make small rc when you can go big. i'd like to see a 1/5 scale truck though.

RC Champion
    I would really like to see a 26cc nitro not gas engine.
    That would be awesome, do any of you guys think it's possible to
    make such a thing.
    I think it's possible, very possible.

God answers prayer,pray,believe,NEVER GIVE UP!!!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by tech10 View Post
    Traxxas will not come out with a 1/5th scale any time soon. They will come out with a Gas powered RC soon.
    Whats make you so sure they will come out with a gas power RC?
    Speed is the rate of change of distance with time.

All my trucks would be 1/5 if they made them. I have a 5T & the thing is crazy big. I just can't get myself to drop the $$$ to get the Castle XL for it. I just don't drive it much.

Price point I think they would still fly off the shelves @ $1000.00. IF they were true 1/5 scale diffs, shocks, etc, etc.... They would need to be ele to set themselves apart from the Baja....

I don't think they will make any, or they would alread have them out...
    Last edited by 87 GN; 08-21-2011 at 01:26 AM.
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jclay View Post
    Whats make you so sure they will come out with a gas power RC?
    because hpi is so they have to compete
    JESUS CHRIST EVERYDAY!!

^ I'm still not holding my breath. It would be out by now... or Redcat 1/5 4x4's...
    I will be first in line if they do. Just hope it is built to scale.

RC Competitor
    Yeah, traxxas might blow our minds and come out with a GAS powered 1/5th scale REVO this christmas, or next summer. Can you imagine the amount of pre-orders they would get for that thing? Then again, HPI might get hurt by releasing that teaser ad about a gas powereed 1/8th scale. Traxxas might use their size, and snap the R&D folks into high gear, and beat hpi to the punch on this 1/8th scale gas truck.
    Bottom line is, I'm happy with all my traxxas stuff, and I am always looking for the next thing from traxxas. Even if a product doesn't "fit" me, and my needs, it is still a cool, well built machine.

I am a Traxxas fan. Love the Maxx,Revo, & Summit.
    Powah hope you are right... Then Castle will have to make the conv kit for ele...
    Looks like we have been moved to the Lounge....

if they do make one im hopeing it will not be a revo style..people want somthing new and different from traxxas not Revo this and revo that..
    slash
    summit
    rampage mt
    tmaxx
    SCX10Dingokit

RC poster
    Any updates on this???!!!!?
    Support your local Hobby Shop!

Quote Originally Posted by BrianB1 View Post
    Any updates on this???!!!!?
    Doubtfully...

Generally Traxxas keeps their new products under wraps until they are just about ready to be released.

My vote, 1/5 or 1/7 scale gas (not nitro).
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
    Doubtfully...

Generally Traxxas keeps their new products under wraps until they are just about ready to be released.

My vote, 1/5 or 1/7 scale gas (not nitro).
    I believe is time Traxxas should come out gasoline powered truck.
    Philippians 2:10-11
    Have a nice day! :)

RC Racer
    I hope they come out with a 1/5 scale sometime soon. I mean the "new" monster trucks they released are the exact same truck with a different paint job and I even think that someone mentioned that they are just a Stampede with different bodies on top of that. I think it'd be cool if they came out with a big truck that could knock Losi and their 5ive T out of the top spot.
    Hi Ho Silver Away

RC Champion
    Keep dreaming guys lol Traxxas plays is safe and a 1/5th scaler is definitely not safe. Not a big enough market for Traxxas to even consider I would say.

I hope my words are wrong though.
    We are all one race. The human race.

Keep dreaming guys lol Traxxas plays is safe
    Really? You certainly are entitled to your opinion but how does a car like the XO-1 fit into playing it safe?
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Racer
    The XO-1 is mostly for marketing I bet. It is a way for Traxxas to say "Look what I can do." Then they put a stamp that said for experts only. All they were doing was flexing and showing off. I completely agree with their plan though it is like if Ford said "Lets build a rocket ship and sell it to people, but we can't forget the disclaimer that you need the proper training to fly it." Who doesn't want a rocket ship? It is just one thing that would set them apart from potential customers that don't know the other perks of owning traxxas
    Hi Ho Silver Away

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj View Post
    Really? You certainly are entitled to your opinion but how does a car like the XO-1 fit into playing it safe?
    Well dadx2mj...let's break down the XO-1.

BEFORE Traxxas even thought about designing the XO-1, what were guys like me (mostly my neighbors who re-introduced me to rc'ing) and probably even you doing the year before the XO-1 came out? Attempting to go 100mph with Rustlers. I know guys who called Traxxas support to ask how could they make their Rustler go 100mph and you know what response they got..."well sir why would you want to go 100mph with an RC"

hmmm guess what happens a year later! Traxxas releases the XO-1.

My point is, 100mph rustler attempters created the lane for Traxxas to design XO-1. Going/attempting 100mph with an RC was already a booming trend and they knew the XO-1 would flourish so they took an advantage of it. Not taking any credit away from Traxxas but that's the only vehicle traxxas has ever not played it safe with imo.

I'm sure even you can agree Traxxas wont release as 1/5th scale gas RC. We'd both be shocked.
    We are all one race. The human race.

RC Enthusiast
    If Traxxas released a 1/5th gas powered truck, I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

RC Enthusiast
    I am a new r evo 1/10 scale electric owner but am horrified by the short run times of electric. Been looking at (researching rather) bigger and badder 1/5 gas rc's. I might be gettingbthe Losi DBXL, but would be interested if traxxas had one as well.

RC Enthusiast
    What are you running in terms of batteries?

I run a 2S 10,000mah Traxxas Lipo in my Stampede and get well over 45 minutes of wheelies. I understand that the Revo is bigger and 4wd, but still.

RC Racer
    If Traxxas released a 1/5th gas truck I would seriously consider it. I'd need to do research on top of the research I have already done but right now the one I'd be looking at getting is a Losi 5iveT but if Traxxas could show to me that theirs was better I would buy it when I got it in my budget. Even if it was $1400. I'll pay the extra money for a better truck, where I draw the line is when I am paying more for the name than the product.
    Hi Ho Silver Away

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    rtr kit for $700?!

the xo-1 is 1/7th scale, on road, and has an msrp almost 2x that

RC Competitor
    I having a strong feeling is gonna be a 1/7 scale powered by Castle Creation!
    Philippians 2:10-11
    Have a nice day! :)

Quote Originally Posted by ccoon520 View Post
    If Traxxas released a 1/5th gas truck I would seriously consider it. I'd need to do research on top of the research I have already done but right now the one I'd be looking at getting is a Losi 5iveT but if Traxxas could show to me that theirs was better I would buy it when I got it in my budget. Even if it was $1400. I'll pay the extra money for a better truck, where I draw the line is when I am paying more for the name than the product.
    Like Wise if traxxas came with a 1/5 gaz, tommorow i will buy it...right now I have been offered by one of my lhs the losi5t or a dbxl....slowly getting rid of a collection at home to make space
    Live life to the fullest

RC Qualifier
    A place where I have food, shelter, shower, water, bed and internet
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezza View Post
    Like Wise if traxxas came with a 1/5 gaz, tommorow i will buy it...right now I have been offered by one of my lhs the losi5t or a dbxl....slowly getting rid of a collection at home to make space
    just get rid of all the darn books man!
    Sl4sh, Arrma Talion, Stamp4de, Castle, MIP, RPM

Quote Originally Posted by Jelle318 View Post
    just get rid of all the darn books man!
    lol, slowly but surely.....
    Live life to the fullest

RC Qualifier
    A place where I have food, shelter, shower, water, bed and internet
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezza View Post
    lol, slowly but surely.....
    just get some deoderent and a lighter, got you flamflower. now destroy them!!!!
    Sl4sh, Arrma Talion, Stamp4de, Castle, MIP, RPM

Honestly, I just had a small spark that could light Traxxas on fire.

The Slash, Rustler, Bandit, ERevo, and all those other race - like cars.

What if Traxxas made a new maufacturing line called Pro? Slash Pro, Bandit Pro, Rustler Pro.

What if we take these vehicles, and sell a race - oriented version with the Classic, HCG version? There's also the option for kits, the upgraded pro (aluminum) no electronics, KIT.

This... This, could raise what could be The Fastest Name in Radio Control to The BEST Name in Radio Control.
    Aww, SNAP. You crashed into the curb at 100mph.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobPlayer03 View Post
    Honestly, I just had a small spark that could light Traxxas on fire.

The Slash, Rustler, Bandit, ERevo, and all those other race - like cars.

What if Traxxas made a new maufacturing line called Pro? Slash Pro, Bandit Pro, Rustler Pro.

What if we take these vehicles, and sell a race - oriented version with the Classic, HCG version? There's also the option for kits, the upgraded pro (aluminum) no electronics, KIT.

This... This, could raise what could be The Fastest Name in Radio Control to The BEST Name in Radio Control.
    Also, let's see a 1:8 buggy PLEASE!
    Aww, SNAP. You crashed into the curb at 100mph.