RC poster

Want to buy a Stampede 4x4 roller. Got some questions!

I need to ask about buying a 4x4 roller,Can I use many parts off my xl-5 stampede such as wheels and tires, rpm arms,servo,and will the 4x4 setup house a titan 12t brushed motor? I need the brushed motor setup for my 5 yrs old to learn on before I switch to brushless. Any info will be helpful! Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cwheeling View Post
    I need to ask about buying a 4x4 roller,Can I use many parts off my xl-5 stampede such as wheels and tires 4p4's have the same offset wheels front and rear, rpm arms rear only,servo at least a 2075 is best, but the 2055/2056 will work fine,and will the 4x4 setup house a titan 12t brushed motor should be no problem. I just mounted one in my Slash 4x4 and it fit easily, but... see below? I need the brushed motor setup for my 5 yrs old to learn on before I switch to brushless. Any info will be helpful! Thanks
    I'm not sure you can gear a Titan 12T low enough for use in a Stampede 4x4. A Velineon system could be used in training mode, but I'm not sure that would work with a Titan 12T and XL-5 combination due to the extra drag inherent in the 4x4's drive system.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC poster
    Thanks for the info, I plan on using the vxl esc to power the titan 12t. I realize the brushed motor will not last very long with the strain that a 4x4 driveline will put on it. But that gives me some options till I find a brushed motor that will last. The class he races in will require a brushed motor that is the only reason I will go this route. Brushless is so much easier and faster.

RC Champion
    If your racing, consider the slash 4x4 roller
    Merv, Sl4sh, P4de, Embe, Slash
    2400/2200/4000kv

RC poster
    That is an option!

RC Racer
    I did the same thing as you. I had an XL-5 and tried swapping stuff.

1. The 4x4 uses front tires from the XL-5 on front and back (so you'll need another set of fronts)
    2. The body posts are the same so you can use the body
    3. I burned out the Titan after 2 runs even geared super low

After all was said and done, I'm running a different body, wheels, tires, radio and Castle motor/esc and if I could do it all again I'd probably just buy a RTR since it would have been cheaper. I'd recommend pricing everything out first to be sure you can get it for a good deal. If your plan is to build something that is definitely different than stock then roller is a great choice. I also recommend looking at the Slash chassis. it's a little longer and more stable.