RC poster

Steel Drive Shafts?

hi, I just got back from driving my Jato and I broke one of the drive shafts for the second time, I'm wondering if i should buy steel drive shafts instead of replacing the broken plastic one with another plastic one that could easily break? And if anyone else has had good or bad experiences with steel drive shafts and which ones are best.

RC Enthusiast
    Snowsolo on here once told me "...the 2 best mods to date on mine were the 5551X steel drive shafts and the traxxas silver aluminum 7075 lighter chassis."

I don't have either yet, but from what I have seen and researched, he is correct.

RC Qualifier
    the steel drive shafts is the first upgrade you should do...
    nutty like a squirrel turd....!!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Traxxas steel shafts are great, and gives you a tad bit of increase acceleration due to the less rotating mass.
    Speed is the rate of change of distance with time.

RC Champion
    Before you buy steel driveshafts, you should find the source of your problem. I personally have never broken a driveshaft...so that leads me to wonder what is causing the break, and depending on what it is, a steel driveshaft might not help to much. Also I have never really heard of a driveshaft breaking constantly to where it is a problem.
    R/C is expensive...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by RC_K1d View Post
    Before you buy steel driveshafts, you should find the source of your problem. I personally have never broken a driveshaft...so that leads me to wonder what is causing the break, and depending on what it is, a steel driveshaft might not help to much. Also I have never really heard of a driveshaft breaking constantly to where it is a problem.
    One of mine melted at some point. No idea how or why, but after replacing it, I've never had a problem. I really need to fix my Jato

If you want something stronger, use the front driveshafts from a Stampede/Slash 4x4 like I did in my Jato, check my thread about it:

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...=1#post4705721

He Who Dies With the Most Toys Wins.