RC Champion

revo 3.3 engine upgrade suggestions

Hey guys, so im trying to choose between a few engines and need some advice. I've had a few big blocks in my last revos and I kinda wanna go a different route this time. I was thinking a picco 26 max, os 21tm,modded 3.3; or I can just go the same route I did before and put a lrp. 28 Or other big blocks. What do u guys suggest? I would like to try the ths pipe with whatever engine I decide to go with. I want wheellies on demand and some good top end. Can anyone tell me what they would do?

RC Racer
    i just put the os .21tm in mine with the ths pipe works really well but evry1s diff some like os some like picco if u want quality other than top end id say os but if u want the top end picco i have no experiance with a modded 3.3 so i cant comment on tha1 also put a nice clutch it there also big diff over the stock

RC Champion
    I have a couple of Revos with Picco Maxx's in them with side blow pipes and M2C clutches, they really do rock, one has a set of 40 series PL Mashers 23mm hubs and Beadlocks and I can still pull wheelies on demand. But I'm a Picco guy, well and an LRP guy too, lol I had good luck with both of them. All the aftermarket mills will do the job, it's the setup that makes the difference. JMHO. Good luck.
    15 IS Enough, Time to thin down the fleet some.

RC Champion
    I had a picco 26 max in one of my revos for a short time. It went good but it had the stock traxxas pipe and I didn't see much power out of it. But I didn't mess with it much. I see people with the max 26 and they do go really good. I also has 2 revos one with. Lrp 30 and one wth a lrp 28 and I wanna try something a lil smaller cause the big blocks require a different mount and they guzzle fuel like crazy. So, villageidiot are u sayig that the os 21 isn't a fast motor for top end? I kinda wanna go with a powerul small block like the picco but I guess we will see what others have to say. I've had so many revos I just don't know which way I wanna go for a motor lol

RC Champion
    The Ofna .26 Picco Max is not an small block, itís an hybrid called "mid block" because it has an SB crankcase with a BB displacement. For a Revo this are my choices:

-SB: OS .18TZ (modded or not) is a beast SB engine, also you could get a modded TRX3.3 too.
    -MB: Ofna .26 Picco Max or Red Dot
    -And if for any reason go to BB conversion (which I doubt) then will put the super monster stock OS .28XZ .

You said you want top speed? An ABmod drag modded OS .28XZ will give you the best world top speeds in a single engine Revo.
    Last edited by danyvw; 08-10-2011 at 12:09 PM.
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

RC Qualifier
    I had an os .21tm, and I thought it was a great engine. Great torque and high end, real easy and forgiving with the tune. Best of all it is a direct drop in annd pretty much no other mods.
    T-MAXX 3.3
    SLAYER PRO 4X4 SOMEDAY.....

RC Champion
    Yeah which one of those can I use a pullstart on? I know the picco 26 is a mid block or whatever cause I had one but what are the price range on some of these motors? The picco looks pretty sick for 200 bucks and the ths is like 50

RC Champion
    The OS 21TM is awesome, has great torque and a very good top end, is a direct drop in and could use pull start but is pricey. Os .18TZ has a little bit less torque than the .21TM but the top end is excelent and is more responsive, for having a pull start on it you have to modded with a TM crank. Both OS engines last long, and hold the tune forever. Picco .26 Max is a very powerful engine with impressive low end and a very good top end and can use pull start without any mods.

RC Champion
    yeah im at the point right now where im stuck between the picco max 26 and the os 21tm. these are 2 good motors from what i can see. i am thinking abiout getting a new motor probably when this 3.3 goes. i havent run the truck yet since i have to wait for my reciever to get here but i should have it soon. i def wanna try something new. and something different then my last engines. if i get the picco max 26 should i get the jl red dot? or the blue one..

RC Champion
    The Red Dot has a little more power, I don't think is worth it for the extra money.

RC Champion
    I believe the red dot is only 20 bucks more tho

RC poster
    What all mods do you have to do for the picco .26?????

RC Champion
    Im prtty sure all u got to to do is get a mount for themotor but maybe not. My last revoi got came with the mount and picco installed but it looked pretty much the same as stock 3.3 mount.

RC Racer
    I would just buy an os 21tm with a really good clutch n ur good to go also keep in mind throttle servo n radio really help on da response
    revo 3.3 and a 300hp vw gti im so blessed lol

RC poster
    I have JR9000 steering servo an a hitech Throttle servo with a DX3S radio....... The only motor i have seen have been the Picco .26 an .28 what is this os .21tm motor? who makes it?

RC Champion
    O.s engines

RC Champion
    i have been looking into the os .18tz. what mods would i need to put this in my revo? and what bumb box would i need?

RC Champion
    I have the OS .18TZ with the .18TM crank for using the EZ-start or a pull start.

RC Champion
    by using a 18tm crank instead of the 18tz do u sacrifice any loss of power? i think the 18tz has more power.. or am i wrong?

RC Qualifier
    The 18tm crank is the same as the 21tm crank. The 18tz has the same power output as the 21tm. It's a lil more than the 18tm.

RC Champion
    oh ok. i think im gonna get a oz 18 tz when i do get something new.. it looks like a power house from ****

RC Champion
    I made this thread about the .18TZ with .21TM crank.

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...-Revo-install.