RC Enthusiast

Bow and Stern lights

Has anyone added lighting to their spartan or other boats? If so can you post pictures and a little information about your setup?

RC Qualifier
    Adding them this weekend

RC Racer
    Is the foam in the front half easily removable? I did another boat with lights from a company, great stuff, but i know i cant post a link here. PM me if you want the name of it. I did a Fire Rescue with a RED flashing lightbar, and a Luxury Cruiser with Bow, Stern and Deck lights.

RC Enthusiast
    SHIFTT could you post some pictures when you have time?

RC Enthusiast
    No its a pain to remove and fills the whole bow. Used a long serrated bread knife to cut it in half down the middle

RC Enthusiast
    Ordered a lumifly fcc compatible light kit with my batteries and a few other items from HK

RC Qualifier
    Yes I will. I have two 12inch LED strips that go from the back to the front of the boat. This boat does not see speed, and is more for show at night, because i am not sure how well the lights will hold on to the hull at speed in excess of 40mph. I have them wired directly to my batteries using a JST plug to Balance connector. The wires run out of the back of the boat through the two holes already at the back of the boat on top, that comes from the factory this way. The connections to the LEDS are shrink wrapped and hot glued to waterproof. They are INCREDIBLY BRIGHT! And THEY WORK! On my boats that I go fast with, I have installed on LED strip to the splash gaurd shooting down to show off the polished goodies. I have control from my transmitters to turn then on or off.

Quote Originally Posted by DarinSTL View Post
    SHIFTT could you post some pictures when you have time?

RC Racer
    How about some pictures.