Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: SumRevo

where to start I guess a pic of the parts I'm going to use.

This is going to be my power supply XL2 ESC.

===

I went with the XL2 because I'm using the 1717 1650 kv motor, and have an XL2 in my 5ive. On the left is a 1515 2200 kv motor for comparison. The 1650 kv has a 5mm motor shaft so I will not have trouble picking a pinion. Also I went with the XL2 because I don't need it to be water resistant, and it was only about another $20 over a MM2.

Ordered some 8mm bullet connector for the motor, to work with the ESC 8mm female connector. On the right is the stock motor wire 6mm male ends.

===

all soldered up, and I did not shorten any of the wires.

I went with EC5 battery Connectors because the wires on the XL2 are 8 awg, and the 1717 motor wires are 10 awg. I used a soldering iron to tin the wires, but used a propane torch to do all the soldering to the connectors, because the wires are so big. The Castle 10 amp BEC is soldered in and ready to go, I set the Voltage to 7.4v for the servo I will be using, more about that later. The XL2 is wired in series, set to auto detect and the LVC set to 3.5v per cell.
    Last edited by 87 GN; 05-23-2014 at 11:31 PM.
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Champion
    holy overkill batman!!
    Pro-2 SCB 2xSuperMaxx Revo-E SCT410

Nice. losi diffs..great.

Little more on the settings of the XL2, there is an amp limit setting that I set to 300 amps. Usually I run brake at 30%, but left it at 50%, because Frankenstein is still going to be a bit of a crawler just brushless. I never played much with the Data Logger but think it will be interesting to see some of the readings.
    The motor mount works just fine with the 1717 just need to drill out two of the holes to 5/32" (.156") then use a 5/16" (.312") to countersink for the screw heads. Marked in orange is the two holes that were drilled. During mock up, you will see later, the motor wires will sit nicely to the passenger side. You never want the wires sticking straight up on the motor, they can be damaged on a bad landing. Not much of a chance with a Summit body tho. The screws for the motor mount are 4x10ccs, that will get a drop of blue Loctite during final assembly, later...
    mount on the left is drilled and countersink

===

Views: 86,813

So haven't made much progress, doesn't bother me, I like always having a project to work on. Do have a few things done just need to post them up. Shorten the ESC wires, had to wait several weeks to get new ends. Servo Terminal 3 Pin Plug The wires are now 8" fan wire and 11" ESC wire. Takes a lot of time and patients, to install the new ends. Because I'm running the external 10 Amp BEC, I left the ESC red wire disconnected, folded over and held in place with shrink tubing. You need the red wire to run Castle Link.

===

===

===

Replies: 363
    Views: 92,688
    Last edited by 87 GN; 08-25-2014 at 10:37 PM.

RC Competitor
    What is that orange and gray cow lol?
    Aww, SNAP. You crashed into the curb at 100mph.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobPlayer03 View Post
    What is that orange and gray cow lol?
    I would prefer a dog instead of a cow:P

That is Frankie aka (Frances) my daughter has a minature dachshund.
    I need to work on this truck, just don't have the time.

I use her for sizing, she is made out of modeling clay that I also use for balancing my tires. She has had a hard life,,,,

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by 87 GN View Post
    I use her for sizing, she is made out of modeling clay that I also use for balancing my tires. She has had a hard life,,,,
    hahaha that's cool :P Tearing apart the dog to balance a tire
    Aww, SNAP. You crashed into the curb at 100mph.

The figure is used to show the scale of objects. It is not for tearing apart and balancing tires.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

87 GN...Have you made any more progress on this project? You've got my attention. One thing I've been thinking about is the weight of the motor, and the effect it will have on handling. VG Racing (ebay) has some nice stiff springs for the Revo/E-Revo that may help you out in that department. Not sure if you knew about them, so just throwing it out there.
    Does it run on gas? Nope. It's electric.