Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: SumRevo

Titanium is a better material, much stronger than alum or regular steel rods.
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    and it cost alot more than the regular or aluminum rods, but seeing all those BL motors money is not a problem to you man, i'd love to get one of the 1512 size BL motor. just curiuos, whats your favorite truck that you run the most?
    humay has left the building, peace.

Well worth the $$. The LT Ti rods, I hit a T post at about 35 mph right on the rod & it bent it just a bit. Took it apart straight'n it out still running..
    Well still finishing the 5ive, I'm in no hurry, so haven't drove it yet...making battery hold downs & finish painting the body.
    I really do like driving them all. Took the Summit out yesterday. I think the dogs had more fun than I did. Ha.. They are napping right now.

RC Qualifier
    Interesting set~up on your Maxx, looks good..
    Thanks man Here is my 1717 maxx
    3906 CC 1717 / MMM GA 7075 UE Khead LST2 DIFF

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 87 GN View Post
    I think it's time to upgrade to Lunsford Titanium push rods. Don't know what I hit, but it was something. I have another set of Ti push rods, but they are for the LT rockers. SO... as you can see I bought a new set for the P2 rockers, new rod ends & hollow balls. The rods come with a zip tie cut to length for setting the rod ends lenght.
    P/N's Rods Lun2807 Rod ends Tra5348

will be considering these soon...how much did u get urs for...and how are they holding up now?

Doing just fine, with normal bashing will last forever, paid $37.00 for the rods...

RC Champion
    I think you got your 1518,1515 and 1512's mixed up. I have never seen a black 1512 1800kv. Do you think the rod ends will get smashed up on the threads without the blue washer things?

ooop you are correct the first pic is the 1518 1800kv on the left.

I tried to use the alum rod spacers, but there is nothing for the spacer to shoulder on. The "width" of the space is short too,
    I tried doubling spacers, but it was to wide to set the push rod length. They are working SO far so good.....I had the Titanium push rods for the LT rockers on my Revo & I never had any trouble with the rod ends either....

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by 87 GN View Post
    Old set-up Springs Silver front ~ Blue rear. 80 wt shock fluid..
    New set-up Springs Summit double Yellow front ~ double Orange rear. 80 wt shock fluid..

Went for a easy run, everything looked & sounded good. Few small jumps nothing big, just an easy run. Went to blow it off & clean it up & the shock caps are leaking (all four).

If you remember I took the blatters out of the stock caps & put them in the alum caps. I drilled two small breather holes in the top of the cap. I lost a little less than half the fluid. It looked liked the fluid was coming out of the threads of the cap.. So I took the caps off & measured them to the stock caps. Everything is right on. I am thinking I need to make the breather holes just a little bigger. If the air is not coming out of the breather holes fast enough, so it is pushing the shock fluid out of the threads of the cap??? I didn't want to drill the hole in the side like the stock cap, because of the threads on the inside of the cap. Also if I missed the placement it might leak. (hahaha)

Any ideas or suggestions.. thanks...

Did you got around fixing (or using...) your alum shock caps? I'm looking at putting GH ones. Not sure about the top drill...Looks to me this would allow the bladder to deform too much due to lack of pressure between the bladder and the inside top of the cap. The side bleeder hole seems useful to prevent oil pressure in the threads on plastic caps as they could expand causing leak, not the case with alum...just a thought...

idk right or wrong, i drilled the top of the cap for two reasons.
    1) I didn't want to screw up the threads inside the cap
    2) I didn't want to miss on centering the the hole on the side of the cap (to high or low)

I took a cap to work & lathed off .020 ~ .030, it just seamed the cap was bottoming out before the cap tight'n to the blatter.
    I have yet to test tho........

I think the breather hole is to let the air push out as the blatter cycles. Also lets the extra oil out if you over fill the shock.
    Last edited by 87 GN; 08-30-2012 at 09:07 PM.

org Trenchers on the rear, 1/5 on the front, on 24mm hubs...

===

edit link
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...=1#post5182770
    Last edited by 87 GN; 10-01-2012 at 09:55 PM. Reason: linkie