RC Competitor

Losi lst diff mod CENTER DRIVESHAFTS

This post is about installing mip center driveshafts on an e revo after u have done the losi lst diff mod, I'm doing this just to confirm everything in a recent post, this was my idea and my experience, it may not work for everyone and not everyone will agree this is the best way, the input shaft on the losi lst measures .312 (much larger than stock) there for u have to drill out the inside of the little Black piece from the mip axle that slides over this input shaft, u will need a "letter O" size drill bit to drill out the inside making it measure about .316 giving I about .002 clearance to slide the piece on, be VERY careful when drilling, make sure u clamp it good in a vise, I was lucky to have access to a lathe and did it that way i recommend u get a friend to make sure ur drill is level one way and u make sure it's level the other way drill slow, when u notice the 2 holes appearing in the part that means ur drill bit is breaking through and u need to STOP drilling, but u may drill a little more, this is ok tho I Havant had any problems and it will only work if u drill this deep, now in my last post I talked about having to remove meterial from the end of this little black piece so that it would not hit/bottom out of the diff housing, HOWEVER if u drill the hole all the way through the input shaft closer to the tip of the shaft (not too much u still need to make sure u have enough martial at the end) then u should be able to skip the step of removing meterial from the end and the holes should all line up, if not then remove a little from the end, drilling through the input shaft yes a little tricky use 1/8 carbide drill or end mill and u need to make sure it's perfectly straight or the holes will not line up this happen to me and I had to put a 1/8 carbide endmill in a drill and oblong the hole so my 2 set screws would line up w the holes, hope this helps post w any questions, remember u only need to do this to 2 of the black pieces and NOT all 4
    Last edited by matt thurber; 01-28-2016 at 01:02 PM.

RC Competitor
    I might have explained it a little better here lol

RC Enthusiast
    How much would you charge to do mine lol

RC Competitor
    Haha um I suppose I could if u wanna send me everything just pay for shipping both ways, really I though about making a lot of these and selling them