RC poster

Y harness issues.

So I've noticed when I run two battiers using either the series or parrell wiring harness that a lot of the time one side of the harness with the plug ends up pushed out the side of the body and into one of the rear wheels.

So far nothing has been damanged, but I don't like the wheel rubbing against the wire like that. Has anyone else run into this problem, and if so what solutions have you come up with?

The best thing I've been able to come up with would be some sort of tie that holds the wires either to the body, or the tower for the back fin.

RC poster
    I had the same issue with my slash. I just zip-tied the wire harness to the rear tower, and i get no tire rubbing on the wires.
    1/16 Slash VXL

RC Qualifier
    What topper said. Zipties 'r us

I made my harness to pull the wires taught.... but I also cut my battery doors for the wires to exit out the front.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC Qualifier
    I'm using a velcro strap to keep the wires in position.

RC Champion
    I had my battery doors trimmed in back and hated the wire thing too.. I just switched sides on the doors and now the trimmed part is in front and the battery wires exit front with the batteries installed the other way. Problem solved.

Sent from my highly abused iPhone using Tapatalk
    Always in Trouble for trying to help out.

RC Racer
    I had this issue before once as well to the point of a negative wire nearly being cut in half. What I did was cut the lengths of that battery cords in half and sodered the connector back on and put that battery on the side of the esc and now it works like a charm, no wires stick out of it at all.
    Merv soon to be a mako
    1/8 E revo

RC Qualifier
    yep i do the same. use a little exacto knife and cut a small hole in the front of the doors. the battrey wires will funnel up to the the middle of the body, works great

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by varunaX View Post
    yep i do the same. use a little exacto knife and cut a small hole in the front of the doors. the battrey wires will funnel up to the the middle of the body, works great

Are you using ONLY velcro to hold on your body there? because I lose alot of pins and I'm looking for a new way, also, do you see a difference with two steering servos? i'm thinking of getting a second, but ive heard mixed reviews, some say it helps, others it doesnt, and alot say they fight.

RC Qualifier
    yup velcro is all that holds my body. works well but sometimes comes off on crashes

nope i noticed no steering difference with two servos. it did help remove some of the play/wobble in the wheels tho

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    brp makes some locking body clips that prevent getting pulled out, i run velcro on my doors and pins