Thread: Battery Help!

RC poster

Battery Help!

I just bought a vision led charger and pluged my battery in. there 7.2 3000 mah battery on 3 amp and in the manual it says it should take between 60-80 minutes. it took 8. why is it stoping so early theres no way its done charging that fast and fully charged. my old charger used to take about an hour. also i have a 7.2 5000 mah battery pack and i charged it on the 1.5amp setting and it says it fully charged within 2 hours. by the manual stats it should have taken at least 3-4 hours.
    also when charging the first two lights come on almost automatically, saying the battery is already at 50% when there totaly dead. on one of my 3000 mah it was at the last bulb which is like 75%-100% charged right when i plugged it in. whats wrong with it?
    Last edited by KurtisMenig; 07-28-2011 at 01:04 AM.

RC poster
    Also, my origional batteries are now getting rusted inside the plastic from water getting in there. is that bad for the batteries? and how can i keep water from getting to them? is it safe to like put the batteries in a plastic bag or something? i just dont want the batteries to get to hot or melt the bag on them. or can i put electrical tape on the ends where the openings are ?
    Last edited by KurtisMenig; 07-28-2011 at 03:28 AM.

RC Champion
    You could try taping the batteries to keep the water out. I use electrical tape and wrap it all around it. If the cells get rusty enough they could rust through and leak. Its best to contact the company about the charger.
    Land of the free?

Traxxas does not allow support of other manufacturer's products on the Traxxas forums.
    The best place to get support for a particular product is from its manufacturer, distributor, or dealer.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =