RC Qualifier

Question Big boar kit for trx 3.3?

Just a thought that I had is that it seems like from what I have read on here that some guys want more speed and power. It would be cool in my eyes if they offered a larger sleeve and piston to up the displacement over the stock? I know that this also has other factors like more stress on bearings the rod and of course the carburetor. To me it seems like it would be a good idea and simple for us to get more power and speed for all the nitro heads in here lol! I myself have a jato 3.3 and when the day comes to replace the piston and sleeve I would be game for this option if it was offered.

Then go to a bigger engine. There are modders out there that mod the sleeves for breathing. Check out ABmods, EBmods, et al.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    This would make it a bigger engine, I know everyone has a hole different outlook and that is one way to just grab a hole new engine. It just may be me but back when I was into motocross and blew a motor our just lost the compression on the 2 stroke. You would boar out the cylinder witch would make it a slightly larger. And the same applied to port and polish to them I myself never really went that far and I did have bikes that had all that done and would never get a season out of them. Granted these are not the same, but I tend to keep the same engine in my toys? Just if people are going to buy a sleeve and piston having two choices of stock or a bigger displacement over stock with no other mods other then tuning I think would take. but maybe going with these mods that you said work that well? I was just throwing out the thought to see what everyone here thought of it. And I'm kind of a gear head maybe I'm just thinking to much lol

I'm a gearhead too but the block is not big enough to support a larger sleeve and piston. Can't stroke it either as it is not deep enough and the rod already slides through a cut-out in the block.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    Makes sense double g I have yet to open up the moter other then cleaning the one way bearing and multiple clutch shoes, so are you running the trx 3.3 our did you change?

RC Champion
    in one of my non trx cars (an rc10gt) im running a novarossi k12 with a modded sleeve and boy howdy does it rip. the engine as it is out of the box is already wicked but modded the thing is just mean.

most modding involves porting the sleeve and the piston skirt to a certain extent. there are some guys who lighten the crank and put knife edges and oil ports on the rod. combine all that with ceramic bearings and a good race blend fuel like O'Donnell speed blend or byrons race blend and you can get some real power out of them. that being said most race engines dont need it or already have features built in that have the same affect. now an engine like the trx 15 or os 15-cv series could easily be modded

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_52...tm.htm#5226191

even if your not feeling that ambitious, just playing with head shims and nitro % can be interesting.

also when/if you do wear out the sleeve and it looses its pinch, as long as the chrome liner is good you can get it re-pinched. this is the guy i use.

http://www.osrocketracing.com/
    Last edited by SRTracer121; 07-04-2011 at 02:49 AM.
    FieroMan121|SPC LiPo powered|Vintage TRX collector

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by SRTracer121 View Post
    in one of my non trx cars (an rc10gt) im running a novarossi k12 with a modded sleeve and boy howdy does it rip. the engine as it is out of the box is already wicked but modded the thing is just mean.

most modding involves porting the sleeve and the piston skirt to a certain extent. there are some guys who lighten the crank and put knife edges and oil ports on the rod. combine all that with ceramic bearings and a good race blend fuel like O'Donnell speed blend or byrons race blend and you can get some real power out of them. that being said most race engines dont need it or already have features built in that have the same affect. now an engine like the trx 15 or os 15-cv series could easily be modded

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_52...tm.htm#5226191

even if your not feeling that ambitious, just playing with head shims and nitro % can be interesting.

also when/if you do wear out the sleeve and it looses its pinch, as long as the chrome liner is good you can get it re-pinched. this is the guy i use.

http://www.osrocketracing.com/
    thanks gave there sites a look over, so far i have only run the 20% NITROMETHANE AND 16% LUBRICATION BYRON FUEL, threw this from new and no problems. i thought about selling this but i can't it's too much fun! and maybe look more into this when the snow starts to fly this winter.