RC Qualifier

my E-MAXX was STOLEN!!!

this is a bit of a long read, but i wanted to share my story with you guys...

last week i went to OBX for a beach vacation, and i brought along my maxx to play around with. when we got there (saturday), i unloaded everything from the car except for the truck. i brought my bag with my batts, charger, tools, transmitter, etc. into the house, but i left the truck itself in the car (it was on the floor behind the drivers seat out of view).

my wife went to the store on monday and left the car unlocked when she got back. i told her to make sure she locked it!! i went out about 2 hours later to get the truck and it was gone. i was pretty upset considering i just spent about $400 in upgrades a couple of weeks ago, but my wife was even more upset because she forgot to lock the car. the glove box was open, but nothing else in the car was taken. i think they were looking for the transmitter. we had a GPS, radar detector, ipod, but they didn't take any of it. i called the cops and the sherriff came to take a police report.

my buddy who was there with me started walking around to the neighbor beach houses and he found the body of my truck under a bush 2 houses down. so we all started looking more and eventually my brother-in-law found the e-maxx thrown into a bush a few blocks away. it seems like it was some punk kids who were going to come back for it later. they must have looked really hard into our car because we have tinted windows and the truck was out of view. the car was parked in our carport under the house, but the boardwalk to the beach was right next to our house. it was my fault because i didn't bring it into the house and that was stupid, i know.

when i told the police officer that the value of the truck was $1500, he didn't believe me. so after we found it he wanted to see it run. he was impressed to say the least and he wanted to clock the truck with his radar. there wasn't too much room but he clocked me at 48 mph right before i got trigger happy and did a backflip haha. the guy was super cool and everything turned out ok in the end. i did trash a rear diff while showing off the 6s power, but i was expecting that to happen.

RC Racer
    wow
    lucky it didnt stay stolen
    Summit crawling MT
    Twin 2pedes for the kids

Wow, you got lucky! Glad to hear that you found the truck!
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

real nice you got it back and found it most will just run off with it right then and there and off to the LHS to buy another one haha just kidding. glad to hear its safe and back with its owner, have fun with it and try not to get a speeding ticket
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Lucky, extremely lucky...

On the upside, you do have free-reign to spend money on r/c without the wife having grounds to complain ( see: the art of blackmail )...

Keeping the Mods busy is my specialty...

RC Champion
    lucky very lucky the police man must have been stunned 48mph!!! WHAT A BACKFLIP!!! lol
    Does more $ = More fun?
    Rustler VXL

RC Racer
    wow what a story glad to hear you found it
    Its more than just a hobby...

RC Racer
    good thing u found it
    Be sure and watch for(crunch and smash) cars...>.<

RC Racer
    that is pretty lucky. I would use that against my wife to get more money towards the truck.at least they didn't jack any of the other stuff cuz they probably would've kept those.
    1/16 Slash, 1/16 Summit, T-Maxx .15, E-Maxx 3908

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase V View Post
    that is pretty lucky. I would use that against my wife to get more money towards the truck.at least they didn't jack any of the other stuff cuz they probably would've kept those.
    hahaha i was thinking the same thing, i would make my wife feel really bad and get another truck.

but indeed that was very lucky of you, whoever grabbed it prob didnt know the actual value of the truck
    Sony Action Camera, My new toy

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Grand National's Avatar
    I would of freaked out, plain and simple. Don't EVER touch another man's RC's.
    Casper - 2001 Dodge Cummins (my baby)

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand National View Post
    I would of freaked out, plain and simple. Don't EVER touch another man's RC's.
    i dont know what i would have done if one of my rc's suddenly disappeared, my skin would have prob turn green thats for sure...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSnakeJake View Post
    when i told the police officer that the value of the truck was $1500, he didn't believe me. so after we found it he wanted to see it run. he was impressed to say the least and he wanted to clock the truck with his radar. there wasn't too much room but he clocked me at 48 mph right before i got trigger happy and did a backflip haha. the guy was super cool and everything turned out ok in the end. i did trash a rear diff while showing off the 6s power, but i was expecting that to happen.
    it would have sucked if he would have given you a ticket for speeding and reckless driving lol :P

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxhoundEP3 View Post
    it would have sucked if he would have given you a ticket for speeding and reckless driving lol :P
    haha, funny you say that... i made sure he wasn't going to get me for speeding before i ran the truck.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSnakeJake View Post
    haha, funny you say that... i made sure he wasn't going to get me for speeding before i ran the truck.
    I bet the guy had NO idea...
    Just accelerate, and only good will come.

RC Champion
    If that had been me getting my truck stolen, my underwear would have just got a lot heavier...

Lucky you found it! If you hadn't looked for it and I found it that WOULD make my day!

RC Champion
    lol slash116vxl
    Does more $ = More fun?
    Rustler VXL