RC poster

Need help with the vxl-3s

i have the brushless system with the vxl-3s. The set button seems to be stuck down. When i turn on the car it just goes into set mode. I believe it to be dirt but i have no clue how to take it apart. Anyone got any pics to help? advise? anything?

RC Qualifier
    i think i`d send it back to traxxas .

RC Racer
    I would give traxxas a call first. I think I remember reading another post about a stuck set button on here and the solution was to use some wd40 on the button to work it unstuck, but I'm not sure. Could someone else please verify this? taking the esc apart would void the warranty I think.

RC Qualifier
    Edmonton, AB (and looking for an RC buddy. PM me if you're from NE Edmonton!)
    Quote Originally Posted by LessthanMetal View Post
    I would give traxxas a call first. I think I remember reading another post about a stuck set button on here and the solution was to use some wd40 on the button to work it unstuck, but I'm not sure. Could someone else please verify this? taking the esc apart would void the warranty I think.
    There's no seal or anything, so as long as you put it back together 100% correctly, they can't tell

And I'd try this first. Take it apart and try cleaning/lubricating it. If thata don't work, then call traxxas

RC poster
    My button does the same thing. Pull it up with a pair of needle nose and don't mash it down when turning on your car.

Or, just change your ESC for something else.

b

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by zball94 View Post
    There's no seal or anything, so as long as you put it back together 100% correctly, they can't tell

And I'd try this first. Take it apart and try cleaning/lubricating it. If thata don't work, then call traxxas
    Yeah try that , Sounds like you two have first hand experience with this. I'm still not liking the idea of the wd40, I'd rather use some electric contact cleaner.

RC Qualifier
    Contact cleaner may kill the rubber...???...

RC Champion
    i don't think so but i could be wrong
    Does more $ = More fun?
    Rustler VXL

RC poster
    any ideas on how to take it apart?

RC poster
    You can't take it apart if it's the water-proof version, you can just take the back cover off but you'll see the inside is covered in silicone to protect the electronics. Try putting a drop of silicone oil where the button is on the outside and get some pliers to jiggle the button free and smooth.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by magnum500sw View Post
    Contact cleaner may kill the rubber...???...
    A name brand contact cleaner is safe for all surfaces! When I say name brand... I mean any except dollar store junk!
    Backslash Or Bust!

RC poster
    ok thank you.