Thread: Shock Question

RC Qualifier

Shock Question

The black circle (piston?) that goes between the e-clips what does it do? I also have ones with 1 and 3 holes in them, whats would they do if I put them in my truck? I would like to make my shocks stiffer so my truck doesn't sag as much would these help or should I buy Losi green springs?
    Thanks,
    Slashbasher24
    "Duct tape and superglue are my spareparts"

RC Champion
    The pistons in the shock have 2 holes. If you change them out, the fluid will be a ble to make quicker to the other side so it changes the way the shock feels. i don't think they would make it stiffer. If anything, it would be softer.
    Land of the free?

RC Qualifier
    Edmonton, AB (and looking for an RC buddy. PM me if you're from NE Edmonton!)
    Fewer holes in the piston will make the shock react slower, and vise versa. If you're trying to reduce sag, stiffer springs are your only option. Try adding some pre-load spacers if you haven't already.

RC Qualifier
    zball94: I have 16mm of preload with 50wt oil in the shocks and my truck sags alot
    MotorStuff: thanks for the clarification would the 3 hole make the shock rebound faster?
    "Duct tape and superglue are my spareparts"

RC Champion
    ^^ Yes, thats right.
    Land of the free?

RC Qualifier
    Using a piston with more holes is the same as using a lighter shock oil.

Using a piston with less holes is the same as using heavier shock oil.

Your rebound also depends on your springs. That's why it is important to match your oil with the shock springs.

If you want to reduce sag or increase the ride height, you need stiff springs. Losi Green or Blue should work well.