RC poster

Revo glow plugs stop working after 1 use

i've had my revo for about 4 months now and the glow plug that was in it lasted me until just recently. now i've gone through two in the past 6 days. the car will run once, then the next day it wont start up again. the other day someone at my local hobby shop started it up with a little wand thing he attached to the plug but then later it wouldn't start. the light for the motor turns on on the ez start wand but it doesnt for the glow plug. however, when i unplug the glow plug and touch the tip of the wire to the head of the motor the glow plug light lights up. anyone have any idea why it wont start? the wand is fully charged

RC Qualifier
    Change the glow plug, make sure your not running to lean on the carb settings.

RC Champion
    this also happened to me. it was a combination of some tuning issues, ( to lean on low end) and the "wand" you say they use. this want is called a glow igniter. it heats up the glow plug just like a ez start, but it is made for people when they have pull starts. but like me, the glow igniter on the ezstart gets weak, and i now use it. so, if you get one, it might help with your problem. try it at factory settings, and go from there.
    heres a good glow igniter:
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXJ803&P=ML
    if you want me to i can break your truck for free!

RC Competitor
    id recommend the dynamite dyna glo nicd with charger only 20.00 and i like it

RC Champion
    I'd get a glow ignitor and just use the ez-start for turning the engine over.
    erbe emaxx 26maxx s27revo 18tmrevo XXL platinum

RC poster
    so is it a problem with the ez start wand? like i said the guy at the hobby shop used one of those glow plugs wands and it started right up

RC Champion
    too lean or too rich will kill a plug fast
    Hows that nitro taste on your electric?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ToXiC MeRv View Post
    too lean or too rich will kill a plug fast
    +1 to that. incorect carb settings kill the glow plug
    Never chase a skunk with a Revo!

RC poster
    hai guys my traxxas revo 2.5r keeps on eating the glow plug. can some one help me please. i dont think it is too lean because it doesnt have stravation if i hummer it and the other problem is it doesnt want to idle especially when iets hot. please can someone help me.?????

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by magrevo View Post
    hai guys my traxxas revo 2.5r keeps on eating the glow plug. can some one help me please. i dont think it is too lean because it doesnt have stravation if i hummer it and the other problem is it doesnt want to idle especially when iets hot. please can someone help me.?????
    Same answer as I put in your other thread with the same question. Lean LSN. Will also cause heat and can cause high idle if extreme. If you are sure your HSN is fine then it's lean LSN. You may be compensating for an incorrect idle setting with the LSN.

RC Champion
    You're probably leaning the hsn too much too compensate for a lsn problem. Just because it doesn't cut out doesn't mean it's rich enough.
    erbe emaxx 26maxx s27revo 18tmrevo XXL platinum

RC Champion
    How much time on that motor? Sounds like leakage to me, acting up when warm and changing tune = bearing bypass. JMHO
    15 IS Enough, Time to thin down the fleet some.