Thread: Electric 4-Tec

RC Qualifier

Question Electric 4-Tec

Not sure why traxxas decided to make all their Rally style/drift cars out of the 1/16 scale chassis...
    I think (and this is my personal opinion here) it would have been a lot better to bring back the 4-Tec in and electric form, and for once provide something new and fresh!!!
    The 4-Tec platform looks so awesome and its the perfect size for touring/drift. Then all the Ken block, Kyle busch, Mustang bodies could have been made for that platform. Did they even had the 4-tec as an option when they created this new generation of cars??? what happened Traxxas?
    Sony Action Camera, My new toy

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    I think it was easier to utilize a chassis they already had and ALL the parts they already made (since a rally is just a lowered SC truck) rather than need to completely re-tool a "new" electric 4tec. You also have to ask yourself... if they HAD an electric 4tec... why do they not anymore? Maybe with brushless system now available it would be a better seller but when you look at how long theyve been selling the stampede and rustler it must speak to their willingness to continue to sell the vehicles that people are buying. In the case of the e-4tec... it must not have sold well enough to keep producing it.

I think also that saying redoing the e-4tec would be new and fresh and the rally isnt is sortof backwards. An e-4tec is just a 1/10 touring car... at least the rally is a different size with a different chassis layout than weve ever seen on an onroad car. Not trying to start a fight, just discussing my thoughts. Thats all.

RC Racer
    [QUOTE=FoxhoundEP3;4827703]Not sure why traxxas decided to make all their Rally style/drift cars out of the 1/16 scale chassis...
    I think (and this is my personal opinion here) QUOTE]

i noticed that to and i agree with your opinion an electric 4-tec would be nice
    Be sure and watch for(crunch and smash) cars...>.<

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    I think it was easier to utilize a chassis they already had and ALL the parts they already made (since a rally is just a lowered SC truck) rather than need to completely re-tool a "new" electric 4tec. You also have to ask yourself... if they HAD an electric 4tec... why do they not anymore? Maybe with brushless system now available it would be a better seller but when you look at how long theyve been selling the stampede and rustler it must speak to their willingness to continue to sell the vehicles that people are buying. In the case of the e-4tec... it must not have sold well enough to keep producing it.

I think also that saying redoing the e-4tec would be new and fresh and the rally isnt is sortof backwards. An e-4tec is just a 1/10 touring car... at least the rally is a different size with a different chassis layout than weve ever seen on an onroad car. Not trying to start a fight, just discussing my thoughts. Thats all.
    Nah pave, I'm gonna have to disagree with you here, the 1/16 platform was fine in the erevo vxl, slash, and summit, but the rally??? Is pushing it, specially for onroad

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    I want to participate in this topic but it will probably frustrate me and therefore get me in trouble.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by slowenuff View Post
    I want to participate in this topic but it will probably frustrate me and therefore get me in trouble.
    wasn't it you the one that started a big debate about the E4tec a few months ago that even nitro chicken was in it? lol

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Im not necessarily saying the mini chassis was the BEST choice for an onroad rally car... what im saying is that in terms of being fresh and new... the Rally is more so than a re-done E-4tec... Its different and unique... which is sortof what fresh and new alludes to.

Now, in terms of a performance vehicle... a 1/10 VXL powered car would very likely blow the Rally out of the water and it would have been MUCH easier to find bodies and things like that. It would also be a bit more capable due simply to its size. But again... I have to go back to one of my original comments... WHY did traxxas stop selling the E-4tec in the first place? The rally has been a HUGE hit... in all forms. Perhaps Traxxas saw the old e-4tec not selling and decided not to flog a dead horse... so to speak... or maybe it WOULD be a hit now with an update and brushless power. Who knows.

RC Qualifier
    Well, it makes perfect sense that they would use a chassis to just increase profits without having to make too many new parts. But maybe with this increase in sales, they have enough to make a complete new chassis/ vehicle. They have done it before. Slash/Rustler/Stampede/Bandit. Most of them use the same parts with small variations. Lets hope for a new generation. Oh of course your here, Slowenuff. Dont worry, there will be hope. Just imagine its just a 1/16 E-tec
    99%er