Thread: springs??

RC Racer

springs??

What are good springs for the bigbore schocks onto a 4x4 ultimate? The standard traxxas springs are just too soft.

Thnx
    kasper
    Rustler VXL + Slash 4X4 Ultimate = THE BEST

RC poster
    From what ive read you can use linear Losi-springs, they will fit. For front/rear you use 2"/2,5" but it seems you can also run 2,5" for front with less preload-spacers then you need stock. A good starting point should be green 2" for front and blue 2,5" for rear or you can use blue 2,5" all around with less preload-spacers for the front.

Link: http://www.teamlosi.ru/techtips/spring_chart.htm

RC Enthusiast
    I use Green 2.5 front with no spacers and blue in the back with 1/4" spacer running 3's and the thing is a beast with the suspension!!! All losi springs of course!!!!!
    4x4
    MMP2400
    HE WHO DIES WITH THE MOST TOYS WINS!

RC Qualifier
    don't buy the 2inch green for the front as those are soft. black 2 inch or green 2.5 inch for front and light blue 2.5 inch rear. Anything else and its to soft. I'm running the black 2 inchers in the front and I have quarter inch of preload to have it set up right. Would do the longer greens but my hobby shop does not carry them. When I go from 2S to 3S batt I really need to change the rear preload from 6/8ths of an inch to approx quarter inch. The bigger battery seems to transfer most of it weight to the rear suspension where the rear bottom slaps the ground and causes it to bounce back up considerably over hard edge obstacles.

MKGRINCH is on the right track with his setup.
    Last edited by Freelanceshots; 06-04-2011 at 01:32 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks Freelanceshots =)
    4x4
    MMP2400

RC Qualifier
    Credit for my slash setup goes to Jang with his Ultimate RC gig on youtube. Got this spring setup suggestion 9 or 10 months ago when I first bought my slash 4x4.

RC Racer
    are these responses for a racer or a basher or a combo of the two?
    slash 4x4
    ToyotaTundra 4x4 '08 ((((((( (((((

RC Enthusiast
    More of a basher set up!
    4x4
    MMP2400

RC Qualifier
    That I don't have the answer to. I don't race because the track is kind of far away and its at a guys house where they have very specific times which are limited. I'm sure somebody would complain about rate on these springs if they used them for racing only because they are the stiffest ones where racers with their low CG trucks might tune totally different. The 4x4 is a big truck where its more like a 1/8th scale so a lot of the 1/10 scale springs are on the softer side. I think its one of the best options to start off with. Jang runs on tracks all the time as he test all his vehicles there. He's actually a pretty good driver. I used his suggestion in the beginning as a start point for myself and I like it so far and continue to use it.

RC Racer
    I could not find a link for Losi shocks that are for sale, at least ones for the slash 4x4. Will some one post it?

thx!
    slash 4x4
    ToyotaTundra 4x4 '08 ((((((( (((((

RC Qualifier
    GS hobby out of fort smith Arkansas. Great shop where they mainly do business online. the place where I bought my truck, wheels, tires, springs, CA glue and JC cover.

Losi spring green: http://www.gshobby.com/index.php?mai...yword=LOSA5158

Losi spring black: http://www.gshobby.com/index.php?mai...yword=LOSA5135

Losi spring blue: http://www.gshobby.com/index.php?mai...yword=LOSA5160

RC Enthusiast
    http://http://www.losipartshouse.com...ngs/Categories
    I got mine from these people, They were cheap and fast, got my parts in 2 days, from west coast to east coast!!!
    4x4
    MMP2400

RC Champion
    I run with rear shocks on front and rear and use the red T-maxx springs. I love them for bashing, and the rear shocks in the front give better ground clearance.

RC Enthusiast
    traxxas rustler or stampede linear springs work great all around, I also have the 2.5" losi green on the front and 2.5" losi blue on the rear. Both setups work pretty much equal on my slash platinum with a lot of extras on it. I race and bash and it works great for either one.

RC poster
    You guys running 2.5 Blue in the Back and 2.5 Green in the Front. Which Oils are you running?

RC Qualifier
    I'm still on my stock fluid with the traxxas big bores blue and black losi springs. I think I've got mine dialed in nicely where it is very controllable. I don't have many option as far as big jumps around my running area so if there where that might change my setup. For what I do my truck tracks very well and changes direction nicely where that's what I like.

RC Competitor
    On rcplanet.com they have a losi spring set that comes with 3 different sets of springs soft, medium, and firm both sets for front and back are only $15. Just type in losi springs in the search bar on the site and you will find what you need.

RC Enthusiast
    I run 60wt in the front and 50wt in the rear works great on small and big jumps.