RC poster

Lightbulb Nitro 1/8th Scale Buggy??

I was reading the latest edition of R/C Car action and they had an article on a custom made Traxxas 1/8th scale electric buggy and it got me thinking...........Will Traxxas ever come out with a 1/8 scale nitro buggy??? Ive been wanting to get a buggy for a while now and Traxxas is my #1 company of choice. I was just wondering what everyone else thinks and if it will ever happen?! Fill me in on your thoughts.

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    It would be sweet. I would buy an electric version.
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC Champion
    On thing that might be holding them back on a nitro buggy is the engine, most tracks require a .21 engine for the 1/8th scale class and the 3.3 is technically a .20 small block. As far as a electric, Traxxas already teamed up with Castle and the MMM/2650kv system is perfect for a 1/8th scale so hopefully we'll see one soon.
    Revo.27TX/Jato.18/Maxx523/Maxx3.3/GMAXX/Rusty/ERBE

RC poster
    Very true but is it a rule that you cant race a .20 in a .21 class?

RC Champion
    The ROAR rulebook says .21 maximum displacement but I've been to tracks that require a .21, I'm just hoping for a new engine because the 3.3 has been out for 5-6 years now.
    Revo.27TX/Jato.18/Maxx523/Maxx3.3/GMAXX/Rusty/ERBE

Quote Originally Posted by McCulloch911 View Post
    Very true but is it a rule that you cant race a .20 in a .21 class?
    It's a rule in ROAR regulations, however not all tracks follow that regulation.

I very much doubt Traxxas is going to jump into a market that's already flooded with competition. They usually are the first to create a new class of RC and let the rest follow. Monster trucks, they were 1st, they basically created the Short Coarse Truck class.... See what I mean.
    Founder of H.U.A.
    I spent What??

RC Champion
    no, you have a market cornered by high r&d race brands like mugen, xray, ofna, losi, associated, durango, etc. for traxxas, a brand that focuses on bashers and rtr cars, this would be a nightmare to dive into. not to say it couldnt be done, traxxas's 1/10th 2wd racing program was very successful. winning a number of races and doing well on both oval and offroad tracks.
    FieroMan121|SPC LiPo powered|Vintage TRX collector

RC Champion
    I agree, Traxxas needs to come out with a new engine.
    A buggy would be great, I won't buy a Losi buggy, I'll just wait until
    traxxas makes one lol.

God answers prayer,pray,believe,NEVER GIVE UP!!!

RC poster
    What do you think is next for traxxas (or like to see). Do you think they would really design a new engine for .1cc more displacement?

RC Champion
    I think they should come out with a bigblock.

God answers prayer,pray,believe,NEVER GIVE UP!!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Grand National's Avatar
    Although Traxxas is definitely due for a new nitro SOMETHING, I firmly believe we will see another electric coming out soon. The market for electric has drastically increased over the past 5 years it is crazy. I remember when nitro's would eat electrics alive, now it's the total opposite. Maybe Traxxas will release a new car, in both electric and nitro, with all new electronics and a new engine.
    Casper - 2001 Dodge Cummins (my baby)