RC Champion

Bought a few things

Just went to my LHS and picked up a 3s 1800mah lipo. I really wanted a 2s, but they didn't have anymore. I will get a 2s soon. From what I hear, 3s is really fast!

I also picked up a heatsink fan for the motor. Hopefully it will keep the motor a bit cooler.

I just took the car out for the first time and it was a blast. I ran the stock 1200mah pack and it didn't last long at all. What kind of run times are you guys getting with them? I suppose my run time will increase with the 3s lipo?

RC Champion
    Id wait to get the 2s first before you run that 3s, those are usually ONLY for speed runs, as they will heat the motor and ESC very quick. Run time should definitely jump with the lipo though. If you want a long run time, grab a 2nd of the 2s batt and a parallel connector.
    Everything overpowered...

RC Champion
    Yea, I just ran the 3s down the street a few times. Thing is FAST!

I am definitely going to get a 2s, probably 2 of them, and run them with the parallel connector. What speeds would I be getting with that and how long a run time?

I have a temp gun. What temp is good for the motor?

RC Champion
    Speeds should be close to the 3s, but not quite as much, and run-time you should get 40mins or more. I got that on 2s 2200mah 25c in parallel, sometimes longer. And on these smaller motors, I am unsure about the temp, check your user manual (I dont have one xD) it should tell you what to keep it UNDER, but Im sure someone can chime in with a better answer.
    Everything overpowered...

RC Champion
    140 is the maximum safe temp for your motor, any higher than that and you probably risk serious damage and you will see a big drop in performance. The ESC temp should be within 10 degrees of the motor.