Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Meet Cera

RC Racer

rough drawing of new cage

i'm not good with a cam. soon someday.. but the sound of these tires rollin sounds like a bunch of horses runing or something.. they just sound really cool. and dig so good. its a whole new truck now.
    now i'v got another summit coming and have drawn out another cage. picked up froma member here with the dewalt conv. and mudslingers already. and lipos ..whew cant wait til it gets here.
    heres the drawing. i read somewhere that you can get those flexable drinking straws to build a scale and then go off that to the really deally
    Last edited by -volkinharley-; 09-04-2011 at 09:24 PM. Reason: forgot to link a pic

RC poster
    You guys have some pretty cool projects going on here !!
    2wd Slash SUMMIT 10 sec Dodge Omni Cummins F250

RC Qualifier
    Chop, cut, rebuild... I built a new soft top and cut the front end off for the third time...

I still feel like traxxas should do an alternate body for the summit. Make it more of a rock crawler / racer or whatever.

RC Qualifier
    that thing looks amazing! after i saw your cages it made me want to make one.. ive been designing one to have made out of aluminum.. i figured since its impossible for me to have a welder right now ill go to the local fab shop and have them build my design...

what type of steel do you use? aluminum should hold up just fine right? ive worked with it a lot and it seems like it would be just fine..
    custom summit crawler parts lol

RC Qualifier
    Thank you. I use steel rod, and brake tubing depending on what bars and where.. Some of the panels are aluminum on this and some are lexan.
    I know alum will be fine for eyou. Theres a guy on youtube with an all aluminum summit!

RC Qualifier
    do you have a link to the aluminum summit? if i search aluminum summit it just comes up with my videos..

your truck looks like a big huge gnarly independent suspension wraith in that pick i absolutely love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.. i cant get over it... im about to look it up but can aluminum be powder coated? i just looked it up and it can.. so now i have to think if i want black or blue.. hmm might be too much blue..
    Last edited by summitcrawler; 02-20-2012 at 01:45 AM.

RC Qualifier
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TraxxAlu
    This is the one I was talking about. Its not you is it? Either way, its pretty awesome stuff!

RC Qualifier
    nope not me i was searching aluminum summit and it just came up with mine.. and non related.
    oh that is pretty cool i like how he put the compass in there that's brilliant.

yours looks a million times better and way more class.
    Last edited by summitcrawler; 02-20-2012 at 06:40 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Thank you! Well theres some ideas anyway, keep me posted on your truck, I cant wait to see what you come up with...

RC Qualifier
    Built a snorkel for the summit tonight. A piece of aluminum pipe and a headlight case from axial parts I had.

I put some screen in it for full effect.

I'm gonna have to build one of these for my stock body too, its perfect for that style of truck.

RC Enthusiast
    I want one!! Might have to knock the rust off my brazing skills! Wish I still had access to a TIG welder!

RC poster
    very nice build!
    But was wondering if your wheels didn't rub to the a-arms when turning, seems very close to it?

RC Qualifier
    Sweet.

(ten char)
    This is a signature.

RC Qualifier
    Tech 5 wheels wont rub the a arms but they rub the steering tie rod at full lock..

And heres an updated shot of the truck with a few more goodies and drivers.

And you have to have exhaust pipes!

RC poster
    great photo's, thank you !

RC Enthusiast
    It is fun to make your own cage for you? I ask because of the many roll cages available to buy, already built? Is the Integy or other roll cage not so good?I dont mean to discredit, the cages are very beautiful homemade!
    Last edited by tmfd60; 04-09-2012 at 07:27 PM.

RC poster
    thanks to your inspiring ideas started with my cage also

RC Champion
    That looks awesome as well!

RC Qualifier
    Hey that looks great so far! Finally someone else doing something more original than a motor swap!
    Keep posting updates as i cant wait to see it finished.