RC Enthusiast

Best engine swap for Pro?

Looking to spice up my Slayer Pro instead of selling it and getting a truggy. I'm gonna convert over to Revo suspension, and I'd like to toss in a better motor. Anyone running anything besides the 3.3? Also, will the EZ start swap to any other motor. I'd either like to find a motor that is quick and not too pricey that accepts the EZ system, but if not I'm gonna go pull start. Any input would be nice.

RC Qualifier
    th OS .21tm is direct fit for the revo and the slayer uses the same motor mount so what fits on the revo should fit on the slayer

just look in the revo threads
    revo 2.5 with a picco .26max

RC Enthusiast
    Cool thanks. Expensive engine, but according to a few ebay site, even the EZ start swaps over. I'll check out OS, what about any Novarossi motors, will they fit? Off to search the Revo forum.

RC poster
    Also look at the OFNA Picco 26. Its made to replace TRX 3.3 in T-Maxx and Revo with engine mounts to suit. Uses the same bell clutch and made for the EZ start. Thats what my Slayer Pro is gunna get in the future for sure.

RC Competitor
    i wish traxxas would come out with a better motor big block too and crank rod

RC poster
    So, does anyone know if it's possible to easily put this OS .21tm into a stock Slayer (not pro) with EZ Start transferring with it?

RC Qualifier
    the .21tm bolts right on
    revo 2.5 with a picco .26max

RC Competitor
    Yeah they have a Novarossi engine for Slayer but it's only a 2.5 engine even though it comes with pipe. But I believe it's rotostart and comes with shaft for starting. The next 3.3 I have go bad I am going to give the Ofna Pico a try! Good Luck!

I just did throw on my 21TM OS. Just haven't had time to break it in yet. I might run it some either this weekend or next. I also added the M2C Racing 3 shoe clutch and 40mm flywheel. I got tired of the stock circular spring breakage.

RC Racer
    Picco .26 red dot direct fit massive improvement

RC Enthusiast
    I had an 18tz, bolts right in..cheaper than the 21tm and almost the same output. It wasn't way faster than the 3.3 but had a noticably better low end pull and the 3.3 had a couple more mphs up top. But the biggesr advantage was tuning! It was super easy to set and hold a tune with the 18tz. I sold it to a friend and its still runnin strong after 4gallons through it. But I expect its gonna need a rebuild soon.

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk