RC poster

longer battery life

i want to be able too drive my car longer. what battery should i get and how long does your battery last you? I machiened a spool for it so i dont know if that is causing it to drain the battery faster. I dont really care about top speed but I dont want too make it much slower what battery should i get?

RC Champion
    Depends on how much you want to spend. A 5000mah nimh would be about the largest you can get. If you go with a lipo battery you can get a 8000mah+ battery. A 5000mah should give you 35+ minutes of run time. But they cost 40+ dollars. You could get 2 3000ah battery's for the cost of one 5000mah. There is a limit to run time but the biggest factor is your budget.

Here are some good brands for nimh.

Dynamite
    Trinity/Team Epic
    Duratrax
    Venom
    Team Orion
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Wierd Reaper u didn't go on fixing spelling. Wierd.. Its just on mine. FYI. Everyone knows that Venom are the WORST Ni-Mh batterys.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by AbSoLooT1 View Post
    Everyone knows that Venom are the WORST Ni-Mh batterys.
    Mine work perfect and offer longer run times than a equivalent Duratrax Onyx.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Texas, ChevronPhillips Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by spool View Post
    i want to be able too drive my car longer. what battery should i get and how long does your battery last you? I machiened a spool for it so i dont know if that is causing it to drain the battery faster. I dont really care about top speed but I dont want too make it much slower what battery should i get?
    ProMatch NIMH are some of the best around. You will get LIPO like punch and runtime with them. If you dont have a LIPO setup already I would recommend these. I get 45+ mins runtime, typical bashing on and off-road.

http://www.promatchracing.com/products.php?cat=6
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    My favorite nimh is the promatch 9.6 4600. This will give a 3s a run for its money.
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

RC Champion
    ^+1,000,000 You have to really consider ProMatch batteries. The Ener-G 4600 pack IS the best NiMH battery cell out there! dreaded and I speak from experience and have had great experiences with their batteries and the customer service there. I also would recommend the 9.6v, but would go a step further and also recommend that you have it built in SxS (side by side) format. This build style has less resistance within the battery, so you will have less heat and more punch since the current is delivered more efficiently. Also, what kind of charger do you have? This is very important in the quest for a new battery. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me and I am more than happy to help out. I'm sure dreaded would also help!
    Was an xl-5, now its vxl-ent!