Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Neutron View Post
    Two 2S in parallel is OK.

Voltage = speed.
    Two stock NiMh packs fully charged and ran in parallel are right around 9 volts. Two fully charged 2S LiPo packs are 8.4 volts. So, on paper the NiMh are faster... but in the real world the LiPo holds a more consistent voltage throughout the run and is able to deliver more amperage. More amperage equates to more punch.
    Ok so,2x2s parallel lipo's should have the brushed mini slash performing better than with 2x8.4v nimh battery packs,thats what you're saying? Do i have to worry the lipo's will stress the brushed motor a lot more than the nimh set-up would....in other words,is the parallel lipo worth it? Thanks for the help,i've just started to get into this again after years without a car and lipo's have changed the hobby soooo much. Cheers:-)

Better performance, yes... but slightly slower for the first few minutes of the run.

I have never, not even once, heard anyone regret going LiPo. The best advice I can give is to do your research before you buy anything... and to buy the best charger you can possibly afford. Cheap chargers usually cost more in the long run.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC poster
    Hello People,
    I have the older brushed MERV (T380 engine) and would like to convert it to the Titan 550 version - can I ask those of you who done it for a complete list of the needed parts and their part numbers? I get conflicting answers...

Thanks!!

$8 Motor Plate (7380)
    $4 Gear Cover/Hardware (7379)
    $10 Motor Mount (7360)
    $10 Rx Cover (7024x)
    And the appropriate motor.

This is a picture of the difference in Rx covers:

New style (for big block) is on top.
    Unless you have an OLD 16th, you probably have the new style box.

-OR-

Traxxas V380 ~$30
    Castle Creations Sidewinder 3 ~$60
    Sidewinder 3 ESC adapter harness for Traxxas Velineon 380 motor ~$20
    Castle Creations Field Link ~$25

Then you would have nearly a maintenance free power system that is de-tunable to have about the same power as your current setup and have the ability to adjust the power to grow with you.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC poster
    can you run 550 titan motor with vxl 3s esc with 3s lipos

RC Qualifier
    Yes you can run the 21T titan 550 motor but not the 12T titan 550, not sure which 550 Titan you are talking about. I had the 12T in my Merv and with two 2s LiPos in parallel the thing was really fast, not brushless fast but fast enough, and the torque was insane! Had to be close to the same amount of torque as the 380vxl on 2s, but even if it wasn't, it was still more than enough.

You would prob be pretty happy with the performance of the 12T on parallel 2s, especially with that esc which should be better performing than my XL2.5

RC Qualifier
    theres 8.4v packs for the 1/16?

RC Qualifier
    I assume he misspoke, the nimh packs are 6cell 7.2V (fully charged ~9V) and the 2S LiPos are 7.4V (fully charged 8.4V)

RC Qualifier
    There used to be a team orion 8.4v 1/16 size battery appearantly. I did some research.

RC Qualifier
    Really? But with LiPos now, whats the point?

Actually, before I got my LiPos I made some 8cell nimhs for my Merv, ran great!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12