RC poster

T maxx 2.5r wont start

i just bought a used t maxx. at firstt it wouldnt start because it was cold but we finaly got it warmed up and started. then i run it for a while today and i tried to tune the carb and it started to shut off when i pulled the throttle to much. so i moved the screw to be richer but it never started. we put the screw all the way back in and pulled it to 2.5 turns which is factory break in settings and it now dosent start at all. the easy start turns the piston and the glow plug glows and fuel is injected put it wont start. I NEED HELP!!!!

RC Competitor
    Well the LSN is to be flush with end of the slide and the HSN is 4 turns out. Start with this and then tune from there.

the factory setting for 2.5R is 4turns out HSN and 1.5-1.75 out on the LSN. mine does that some times and i turn the LSN in just less than 1/4 turn and it starts right up. also try to hold the exhaust hole for a 1-2 sec to pump more fuel through the line and it might start like that, just make sure you have a fully charged ez start batt.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Competitor
    i will never buy a used rc again i put more money in fixing it than i did with any other car. i had the same problem and the end result was internal bearings in the motor were blown, so i replaced the engine and now it runs fine.

I emailed a guy today about Revo. He refused to let me run it for 30 minutes, my gas, whatever. told him I'd give him $100 lol never heard back. I am def not buying used unless it is a total steal!!
    "fat drunk and stupid is no way to go thru life"

RC Racer
    2.5 turns def ain't factory settings don't ever try and run it that lean your engine life will be in 1/2