RC poster

trouble, trouble, trouble, engine stalls after i let off throttle

Hey, so I am constantly having trouble with my truck, but I am also learning a lot thanks to you guys. Well I am starting to feel real stupid now haha. Well the problem is when I try to start my truck I am getting no compression at all, even when I am priming it with my finger over the exhaust. I can not get the gas to go to the the engine. I am having trouble finding a leak if I even have one. Could this problem be a bad glow plug? What could be my problem? This is getting more frustrating by the day, I am at a loss and would really appreciate some help on how to trouble shoot this issue.

RC Racer
    To check the compression correct u need to pull the engine and check the piston to sleeve fit....i know this sounds dumb but make sure ur fuel line pinch is released since fuel is not flowing to the engine...check all ur fuel lines...mine likes to work loose at the bottom of the tank after some hard runs and landings....
    u said it stalls after letting off throttle...but u cant get it to start?
    Have u replaced ur glow plug since engine break in?
    Stalling after letting off throttle...check ur idle gap...1-1.5mm...size of a standrd paper clip.
    Give us some exacts to work with and we will see what we can do.
    You can get with dis or you can get with dat

RC poster
    ok sorry, well when i do get it started I have to keep on the throttle quite a bit because when I let off it will kill the engine. Now that is when I can get it started which is a pain in the ***. My problem is when I go to start my truck I can hear the motor turning, but I am getting no fuel through at all even when I put my finger over the exhaust. Now when I can eventually get the fuel through it still takes awhile for the engine to turn over and get started. Then like I said it kills after I let off the throttle. I will check the idle gap, yes my fuel line pinch is no longer even on my fuel line, i dont like messing with it. Yes I have also replaced my glow plug, I just recently put the duratrax glow plug on about 4days ago, I used the one that my brother-in-law used for his revo 2.5, maybe I just got a weak glow plug. It is that when I try to start it up, it just sounds weak with the compression.

RC Racer
    I would run the Traxxas hevy duty glow plug 3232x...thats what i have the best luck with.
    What fuel ya runnin?
    Is the truck new or older?
    What is the temp outside where u are running?
    When it does run is it running rich or lean?
    U might need to go back to stock settings on the carb and re tune.
    You can get with dis or you can get with dat

RC poster
    I am running the top fuel 20%, the truck is about 1 month old, temp is about 70 right now, live in phoenix, when i am running it, i have it just a little leaner then factory settings, weird thing is I took the fuel line off the carb and started it with my finger over the exhaust to prime it, fuel pushes through like crazy, then I hook the fuel line back up and get it started, it will run for about 5min, then kill, then i will get it started again the same way, it runs shorter then kills, start up again, then runs shorter and dies, wondering if something is wrong with my engine? Tested my glow plug and it gets hot quick. I am just at a complete loss, I guess it would be easier for you to diagnose if you were here to see it.