RC poster

vxl esc blinking red on my new slash 4x4

I just got my slash 4x4 5 days ago and it worked for the first 2 days Of course I had to drive threw water because it said it is waterproof. Now when i plug in a fully charged nimh battery the esc blinks red about 2 or 3 times then waits a second then blinks red again. Sometimes the wheels will stear ut the throttle never works. I suppose it could be the battery I used the traxxas 7 cell not sure if it is waterproof. I ordered a maxamps waterproof lipo so i'll see if that will fix it but for now could someone please tell me what could be wrong with it.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Did you check the receiver sometimes it gets wet and acts weird try to open it up to see if there is some water on it, is the led on the receiver steady or it is flashing, if the led is steady, unplugg the servo and give it a try if none of that works I guess it might the esc, then you should call traxxas and explain the issue your truck is still under the 30 days warranty so it won´t be a problem.

RC Qualifier
    Make sure you are in NiMH battery mode. When I'm in the wrong battery mode (Lipo or NiMH and running the wrong battery type) the truck will do funny things.

RC poster
    ok thanks I'll try that

RC poster
    the servo now works so I think it's the esc it blinks once waits a second blinks twice waits again, then blinks 3 times

RC Enthusiast
    Check ESC button of not stuck as it sounds like it could be the problem. Does the ESC blink immediately after you plug
    in the battery ? Or does it start blinking after you actually turn the ESC on ?

RC poster
    when i plug in the battery it turns green then blinkd red once then twicew then 3 times.
    Also how do you ghange the battery mode.(nimh lipo) and how do you unstick the button.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    you have a sticky button it is pretty usual, try to clean around the button and some wd40, if not open the esc case and push it, I would sand a little around the button to prevent from happening again.

RC Champion
    Ya it sound like you're going through the modes: training, race, and for/rev
    Nothin' like a 4 on the floor and a V8

RC poster
    I unstick the key but now it is blinking green and still won't go!
    HELP ME PLEASE
    also how do you switch it to nimh mode and select training, race, and for/rev mode

RC Racer
    how to switch from nimh to lipo is in the doc that came with it or look here: think its on page 14 or 24.

http://traxxas.com/sites/default/fil...l_100112_0.pdf
    slash 4x4
    ToyotaTundra 4x4 '08 ((((((( (((((

RC Qualifier
    Turn the truck off and continue to hold the button down until you hear the elevating chime sound. It seems like a pretty long time and your finger will start to hurt. After the sound release and it should turn a steady red for nimh or green for lipo battery running.