RC Racer

MONSTER 2wd SLASH Mods

I was thinking of making these MODs to my SLASH. I think this would turn my 2wd SLASH in to a MONSTER. Only problem is I really wanted to keep my Slash close to stock, so that if I wanted to run a stock class race it would only take a few small adjustments to go back to BOX STOCK.
    SO FAR:
    -Alum TRX Castor Blocks
    -Alum TRX rear Hubs
    -CC SCT combo, Sidewinder ESC & 3800KV 1410 motor
    -Will be using the TRX Alum steering blocks soon.
    -Proline Trenchers tires front&rear, but these are for mainly bashing and will be
    mix&matched with the stock tires for best bashing performance.
    (all of these are easily switched back to box stock)

Possible Mods:
    -Proline performance steering kit
    -Proline ProTrac suspension kit
    -Proline power stroke shocks Front&rear
    -I will eventually be upgrading to the MMP ESC

Any1 have any reviews or suggestions about all of these MODs? I havn't ordered anything yet, and will probably use the S1 compound or stock tires for racing. Tires will of course depend on the surface.
    The OBV MOD for having a monster 2wd SLASH & a Box Stock 2wd SLASH is to have 2 trucks, but i don't want to do that yet.
    THX
    2wd Slash MMP/3800kv/Savox1258tg

RC Champion
    You could just run RPM slash rear arm's on the front. The pro trac like's to break, where the rpm stuff bend's and flex's, but come's back straight. If your going to race, I'd look at different tire's than the stock one's. To stay ROAR race ready you'll need to run the Sidewinder ESC. The MMP will be awesome for bashing.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Racer
    Thx as always Dirt,
    Really? That is something I didn't know about Proline v. RPM parts.
    I will definitely have to re-examine.
    THX

RC Champion
    RPM part's use a spacifically designed nylon plastic that can absorb a tremendous amount of strain. I've jumped my slash 4x4 14' in the air and landed on just the left 2 arm's and not broke them, hit rock's straight on with my tire and just bent my turnbuckle, but never broken any RPM part's. Beside's RPM has you bash it and break it they will replace for free. Pro line part's are made out of a similar plastic as the stock one's, with only a warranty for manufacturing defect's not breakage from what I heard. You'll find some good info on both site's.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Racer
    That's great about RPM replacing parts. No matter what?
    Also, I guess you are talking about Plastic parts from RPM, that will bend not break? and bend back straight?

My main issue is like I said. I want to be able to run stock classes, without having to change to much.
    I know the track will depend on what they consider stock, but what MODs do most track's still accept for Stock classes?
    Does your truck need to be completely out of the box stock or can you have aftermarket parts as long as they are the same size/shape parts as it came out of the box? What's the norm for stock classes?
    thx

RC Competitor
    To race in the stock class it has to pretty much b out the box you can change the tires n controller n receiver

RC Racer
    PICS. please
    (___) This is Bunny.
    (+'.'+)
    (")_(")

RC Racer
    I have only done, what I wrote in the 1st post ^^.
    I have internet access on VACA, but I won't be near the car for about 2 weeks.
    How do you post pics on here? Never did it.
    thx

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by jpure009 View Post
    I have only done, what I wrote in the 1st post ^^.
    I have internet access on VACA, but I won't be near the car for about 2 weeks.
    How do you post pics on here? Never did it.
    thx
    um lets see
    #1 left click pic then click "copy image location"

#2 go to form (this one) at the bottom where you tipe a post click "go advanced"

#3 now you r in the thingy to make a message then on top of the box u tipe in

#4 there is a bunch of little icons there r 2 little earth things 2 after thos 2 there is a little square pic click on it then a little box will show up saying "Please enter the URL of your image:"

#5 left click where u tipe click paste then a lot of words should pop up click OK

#6 click preview post to make shore it worked

I hope that works that took a long time to tipe
    (___) This is Bunny.
    (+'.'+)
    (")_(")

RC Racer
    I am on VACA but have internet access. NHgonzo, if u could private message me those directions, I will definitely need them. I could always check back to the thread, but its easier if u don't mind.
    I will put some pics on when I get home.
    Thx