Thread: Stock battery

RC poster

Stock battery

I am getting ready to order a 4x4 Pede and am trying to figure out what battery type is comes with (hump or straight). Tried to call Traxxas but they are closed for the day. Thanks to all who respond.

RC Racer
    It's a hump pack. The chassis is shortened compared to the Slash 4x4 and as a result the battery tray is shorter. the non-hump 7-cell packs are too long.

Found this out the hard way, my friend was going to give me two of his old E-Maxx batteries (non-hump 7-cells) but they didn't fit in my stampede

RC poster
    Ok, same as the 2WD. thanks. I am kinda stoked as I have a blast with the 2WD, how do you like it?

RC Racer
    I love the Stampede 4x4. It's really never let me down. The simplicity of only using a single battery pack is nice. The truck being a bit lighter than something like an E-Maxx means it can take harder hits and land higher jumps without breaking parts. The stock tires do great on and off-road and don't wear particularly quickly.

This thing is a tank. I sideswiped my friends E-maxx while we were both near full speed and there was no damage to my truck but he broke a steering arm. We also had a head-on collision between my Stampede 4x4 and his Slash 4x4 when both were near full-speed. No damage at all on my stampede and he only busted an A-Arm and bulkhead. I was also out at night, drunk, doing a 3s speed run on the street, ran full speed into a parked truck. No damage to the stampede (and almost no damage to the parked truck )

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    Drinking and driving doesn't mix well at any scale!
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!