Thread: Battery strap

RC Qualifier

Battery strap

[/URL][/IMG]

I gel superglued velcro straps [no Dremel slots] for our Rustlers. So far , so good. Took a few end over ends and the straps held.
    They work for the 2s and taller 3s fine.

Sorry I can't get image to load. I haven't figured out how to do it yet? Any suggestions?

[/IMG]
    Last edited by Dakine2448; 06-30-2011 at 01:18 PM.
    Old fart playing like a kid AGAIN!!

PICTURE POSTING TUTORIAL LINK

I like cutting the slots, if you have a Dremel or like tool it is easy. Then when the strap wears out they are easy and fast to replace.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Champion
    Do the straps ever get caught being as they run on the bottom side of the chassis? Seems to me that "could" be a potential issue.
    Ever Evolving Rustler

Quote Originally Posted by shagnat View Post
    Do the straps ever get caught being as they run on the bottom side of the chassis? Seems to me that "could" be a potential issue.
    My straps are not on the bottom side of the chassis, they are completely contained on the upper side of the chassis. The slit I cut is in the upper boarder of the battery tray. The strap goes thru the slit and across the bottom of the battery bay to the other side and out of the bay through the slit on that side. Then the strap is covered over with a very thin piece of foam shelf liner to provide some padding for the battery pack.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj View Post
    My straps are not on the bottom side of the chassis, they are completely contained on the upper side of the chassis. The slit I cut is in the upper boarder of the battery tray. The strap goes thru the slit and across the bottom of the battery bay to the other side and out of the bay through the slit on that side. Then the strap is covered over with a very thin piece of foam shelf liner to provide some padding for the battery pack.
    I considered doing what you did but there isn't much "meat" in the vertical walls to support a strap. Maybe 3/8" and it may break.
    I sanded and acetoned the vertical walls and used CA gel glue. Holding good so far.
    Old fart playing like a kid AGAIN!!

RC Qualifier
    Could someone post a pic of theirs with the slits cut? I am thinking of doing this.
    Philippians 4:13 HCSB