Thread: VXL Setting

RC Competitor

VXL Setting

Hi everyone, I was wondering how do I set my VXL esc so I can use lipo's? Thanks

RC Champion
    Are you currently running NIHM's? Did you change anything when you first used the truck? They come in a default mode that is for lipo's. Is the light on the esc green or red? Green is low voltage cutoff enabled, this is lipo mode. If it is red then the low voltage cutoff is off, this is for NIHM's "ONLY".
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Competitor
    I just ordered some lipo's and they will be here in a day or two so I haven't been able to use anything yet and yes I i'm about to make the switch from nimh to lipo but I'm guess I am asking how to get to the lipo setting on the esc? exactly what do I have to do?

RC Champion
    Do you have the manual? Look here, http://www.traxxas.jp/products/pdf/E...NST_070706.pdf
    This is the manual that come's with the traxxas rustler.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Hold down the on/off button to change modes.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by casebutler View Post
    I just ordered some lipo's and they will be here in a day or two so I haven't been able to use anything yet and yes I i'm about to make the switch from nimh to lipo but I'm guess I am asking how to get to the lipo setting on the esc? exactly what do I have to do?
    As Capt Rustysaid. When you push the button and the green light comes on. Hold down the button, it will go blank for awhile, and then the green light will come on. Takes about 10+ seconds.
    Old fart playing like a kid AGAIN!!