Thread: PIT Pass piston

RC Qualifier

PIT Pass Shock piston

I am curious where you can find this 1.2mm drill bit??????????

As stated in the Pit Pass Hop Up article.

"Drill all four holes in each shock piston with a 1.2mm (#56 or 3/64") drill bit before assembling the shock shafts. Always use proper safety gear with operating power tools. When assembling the shock shafts, pay special attention not to overtighten the valves on the piston"

While were at it, will the GTR springs work with the stock shocks?
    Last edited by HazzMatt; 04-14-2011 at 09:37 AM. Reason: Drunk
    This is getting expensive!!!!!!

I don't know about 1.2mm drill bits, but 1.25mm drill bits are pretty easy to find... Try eBay...

He Who Dies With the Most Toys Wins.

RC Racer
    Thanks for the info HazzMatt, I didn't catch that. My pistons only had 2 small holes, and I had to use a relatively light oil for the weight of the truck to get it to where I wanted (30frt/20rear). I'll make them 4-hole next overhaul.

The GTR springs will work, they are double-striped and lighter. Since my conversion is a little lighter weight, I'm using dbl-purple on the front and dbl-black on the rear.

RC Racer
    I think you're wrong about spring rates. The double-stripes are softer. Look at the lb per inch on this chart. Ebay pics show lighter gauge wire in comparison. When I put them on my car I had to thread the collars out to achieve the same ride height...

RC Qualifier
    SW
    The 4 hole piston is the varible rate piston (optional part). The Hop-up guide stated you drill the holes 1.2mm, just haven't found that size drill bit locally and the 1/64 is to big.
    I just picked up an extra set of shocks off ebay so I can play with the shock settings faster.

When I built this thing I set it up how I have my Revo but I am finding this is a totally different monster.

RC Qualifier
    I found IT!!!! Located it in a Dremel drill bit pack, came with a 1.2mm bit.

RC Racer
    If you could post a pic, a part number for the pistons, or explain how the variable rate pistons work... I don't get it. Maybe you're just saying you can use heavier oil?

I read the Pit Pass. What is this "valve" that goes on top of the piston they're talking about?
    Last edited by SilentWolv; 04-21-2011 at 10:27 AM.