RC Enthusiast

Looking into getting a ROLL CAGE for my STAMPEDE? Anyone have one? Looking for info

Looking into getting a ROLL CAGE for my STAMPEDE? Anyone have one? Looking for info and/or advice on roll cage in general? Are they worth it? What types/styles are available? Prices? Possible roll cage mods or other ways to protect my pede?
    Thanks Mikey

RC Champion
    If you were to widen an lower your pede you should be able to run a cage with out a problem. Stock it will probably roll over more. There are a few out their but the Hard Body'z is probably the toughest. If its anything like the one I have on my Maxx the sides will be bowed out so a standard body may not fit well. But it looks so good you don't need a body.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

RC Racer
    Integy makes one also that's out of steel so it may be a quality piece unlike most everything else they make.

RC Qualifier
    I have had the Integy cage for three years. It has survived some very serious crashes without anything but some paint scrapes. I think it was well worth the money and that it is the nicest style of all the cages I have seen. I periodically take it off and usde different bodies just for a change. Most Integy parts a junk but the cage is a solid item.

Only thing is they make you very top heavy. Pede rolls over alot stock, with the cage its dramatically worst. You will definatly want to lower and widen your pede, than youll be able to handle it and have some fun. Id suggest a body stil or youll scratch your cage up big time.

RC Champion
    If you get a chrome one you don't have to worry about scratches.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

RC Racer
    for my little brothers stampede i just took some light aluminum bars and made a roll bar in the back, you can always get new bodies for lik fifteen bucks or so(by me that is) but if anything else definently get wide rims and tires