RC Competitor

Lightbulb High torque motor for 3.2" tires

I'm looking for motor system that can handle 3.2" badland tires and 3s lipo. Never thought before that it's much heavier than the stock tires. I just ordered gen3 slipper clutch, MIP CVD front and rear. My monster tires mount with traxxas aluminum 17 mm hex adaptor and I replaced front and rear wheel hubs with traxxas aluminum parts as well. I'm thinking about Novak HV 550 coz it has 5mm motor shaft which should be tough enough for monster tires. I don't race so speed is not the problem. Wondering how fast Novak HV550 can go though.

Any suggestions for 3s lipo motor system for my 3.2" badland tires?

RC Enthusiast
    shoooooooot i wish i could help but icant i just wanted to say ... thats a nice looking tire combo this makes me wana get some bigger badlands like those!
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 04-13-2011 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Language

RC Champion
    Definately go with something with torque, a 550 size BL motor sound great. However I feel a MMM combo may be overkill. I have found the Novak 6.5 works well in my e-maxx. No where near as powerful at a true 1/8 system but way better than the stock titans. I am planning on putting in my my slash 4x4. You might also want to consider the castle 2400 SCT as it is designed for 3-4s.

There is a bit of range for gearing so you should find something that would work.
    Pay It Forward.

RC Qualifier
    If you are going to run those you might consider the longer Slash chassis.
    Had-> MERV, ERBE, Stampede 4x4

RC Racer
    Got more pics of the build?
    That is cool!

RC Champion
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...&daysprune=100

heres a link to my build thread. i use a novak 550 ballistic motor. much better than the hv model. And they have motors capable of 4s use.

there is the link for the motors.
    http://www.teamnovak.com/products/br...550/index.html
    Man i need more than 50 characters.

RC Competitor
    I decided to keep using velineon motor until it fry then buy the new motor system. What do you guys think how long it's gonna last?

RC Qualifier
    As long as you watch your temps it should last awhile. Now the question becomes, do you want to shut it down every 5 min to let it cool off? Lol. I'm in the same boat as you, I'm converting my slash to an MT and think I'm going for that 2400 MMM setup.
    -Slash 4x4 MT 2000kv
    -Slash 4x4 MT 2100kv

RC Competitor
    I,d rather go for 5mm shaft like ballistic 550 if velineon burns out.

RC Competitor
    Now, the question is " can I connect ballistic 550 with velineon ESC? " If so, I would save another 140 bucks. Please help

RC Racer
    I want to know the answer to that also.

There are mixed reports on that ^ I tried with an original VXL and it would not run it right. But it seems there are people who had success in the Slash 4x4. I would look there for a more solid answer.
    _
    _
    _ 3 lines are all that's allowed in a sig.

RC Champion
    buy it and try it bro, or sell the vxl system on ebay and buy a mmp and the novak ballistic 550. they have new epoxy dipped stators coming out soon. supposed to be more efficient and they run cooler due to the windings being epoxied in place.
    Man i need more than 50 characters.

RC Qualifier
    LOL how to your guy's diffs not blow out!