RC Competitor

I need help with flight nose dives killing me in club race!

I made several adjustments but I am having hard time fixing this issue. Anyway I changed diff oil to 10000cst f/r/shortened wheelbase by moving one clip in front foward/changed to 40wt shock oil in rear and made other minor susp. adjustments. The truck handles alot better and pretty much used Slaydens setup for Slayer but mine is pro edition, but started nose diving when jumping even with plenty throttle. Which one of these probaly caused this issue or what can I do to maybe get the nose up? THANKS AGAIN!

RC Racer
    My guess is that the heavy shock oil in the rear is making it donkey-kick. I went with 20wt in my rear shocks (stock 2-hole piston)

RC Racer
    Watch pre-load in front. That was what was doing it for me. Took some out and it flew much better. Still have to use throttle or brake a bit.

RC Competitor
    Hey guys thanks for your input and I have the ride height a little higher than level in front and rear. I'll try to lower front ride height first easiest adjustment and if that don't work I'll put 40wt in front also add a little stiffer spring. Before I adjusted the susp. it flew good but handled so/so and I would like to tweak this setup and find the way to level truck out in flight instead of going back to factory setup. Thanks Again! I got a club race this weekend and going to Henry County Georgia for big race on 23 and I hope I can figure out before the 23!

RC Racer
    @SavannahMick, how'd the races go this weekend? Was wondering what adjustments you tried to level it out?

RC Competitor
    I got rid of 30wt in front and put in 40wt so now it's the same as rear. I tried to drop front ride height and raise rear like a couple people suggested, but it didn't fix it completely so I figured it was the shock oil that helped. So I set front ride height up about 4 or 5 threads on shocks and dropped rear to about 1 or 2 threads and it worked I am able to fly almost as good as my SC10. I finished second in both 2wd stock SCT/ 4wd open SCT but I will admit the turn out was smaller than usual 10 trucks in each class. I had stock 2wd locked up with my brushless SC10 but I got nervous and bobbled a couple times and finished second. I finished almost 4 seconds back in second in 4wd open the winner had a Slash Ultimate and Castle setup and yeah they let me run my nitro with the electric trucks! Do you do any racing with your truck? Mick!

RC Racer
    Sounds like you had a really good raceday. Yeah, racing is all I do with my trucks. We have about 25-30 SC trucks deep in 2WD, pretty competitive class. (13.5). I'm using a slash w/xtreme LCG chassis which is doing pretty good now. I like to qualify in the "B" and race my way (2 bump ups) into the "A". That way I get to race for 20 minutes! I'm prolly a 8th or 9th place truck, like I said pretty competitive class. I'm having a great time racing my 4S ESlayerPro too. I used to just run with the 8th scale buggies and "try to stay out of their way".... now I'm a competitor. I finished 4th out of 9 last time. Working on losing a little more weight with it now, adding aluminum push rods and getting lighter weight 3.3 **** batteries. Glad your getting a handle on the flight!

RC Competitor
    Yeah I'm usually a forth to sixth place finisher but this weekend alot of guys were at Spring Fling in Myrtle Beach. I race at Lake Mayer Phil Hurd Raceway in Savannah GA. and we have a big race next month and new layout. I just ordered about $100.00 worth of parts got some AKA SCT Pro 5 1/8 Crossbrace soft premounts and variable dampening pistons etc. for my Slayer and if these tires are any thing like the same combo but Cityblocks that I have now they are great these have a bigger pin and will work good in loose dry! I probaly should have went ahead and got new motor but I couldn't send a decent running motor off just yet!