RC Qualifier

traxxas upgrades

hey guys, just a question as to weather or not the traxxas upgrades are worth it. I recently bought integy aluminum steering blocks and installed them onto my rustler, however they were a waste of money cause they prevented my rustler from working properly, not allowing proper movement of the control arm i also was told the metal is very week. So my real question is are the traxxas parts strong and worth it, looking at it online it looks like it will work just fine im wondering if it'll take me bashing it

thanks..........Dann

RC Racer
    I've bashed my Traxxas caster and steering blocks for 3 yrs and they are still in good shape. They are a good upgrade.

RC Champion
    Like they say every time you make something stronger , you put more stress on other parts , Just a thought . When something brakes I upgrade to RPM parts . The only aluminum part is STR ball crank and thinking about the HR servo saver .
    1 Rusty VXL + Slash 4x4 Platinum

RC Champion
    It's generally accepted on the forum that integy parts are not high quality. Their aluminum gear boxes seem to work well for several people but most other integy parts you're better off buying something else.

For plastic parts RPM makes the toughest plastic parts. For aluminum, STRC and Traxxas make excellent quality parts. REM and FLM and Anza also make quality aluminum parts. One of the most recommended upgrades is aluminum caster blocks because the plastic ones (even RPM) flex and allow the king pin inside to bend.

Proline also makes a popular kit called the ProTrac kit for Slash, but people put it on Slash, rustler or stampede. It widens the truck and adds stability. Their plastic isn't as strong as RPM's but it can be made stronger by boiling the plastic parts before installing.
    What broke, uh, needs upgrading now?

RC Qualifier
    thanks for the help guys

Traxxas upgrade parts, in themselves are a great option, they are very well made and will take a lot of punishment. But, a lot of times someone else makes an upgrade part that just works better. I bought the Traxxas aluminum bellcrank kit for my 2x4 Slash, I could not be happier with the fit and finish, having bearing instead of bushings made the steering a lot smoother. But, the real problem in the Slash's steering is in the servo saver, it isn't adjustable, and it is inconsistant. After one pack I changed out the aluminum Traxxas bellcranks for a Proline set that fixes the servo saver problem. Of course I could have changed out the servo saver and kept the aluminum bellcranks, but my LHS didn't have aftermarket servo-savers in stock, so I went with the Proline kit.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired