Thread: 6s lipo

RC Qualifier

6s lipo

Well i just recently bought a new mamba monster v3 2200kv combo for really cheap. But i was wanting to run 6s in it just for speed when bashing. I am running 4s in it now. I know what 3s does to my mini revo compared to 2s. But will the drivetrain hold up to 6s power? Can my ESC/motor handle 6s geared at 14/68?
    Revenge 1/8 buggy

RC Qualifier
    I dunno. Ask Burned up. he said that he sometimes ran on 6s lipo
    Brushless Summit!!!!!
    Slash 4x4

RC Qualifier
    to run wide open for any amount of time at 14/68 will overheat motor...drive train will take it driving responcibly...i ran 14 tooth with the mmm, crawling mainly and a few short 30 sec bursts in 2nd and it lived up to it...if you plan to run races with it or drags change the gearing...i say start 17t and either work up or down from there...
    ???Why so serious???
    JOKER TV

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Burned Up View Post
    to run wide open for any amount of time at 14/68 will overheat motor...drive train will take it driving responcibly...i ran 14 tooth with the mmm, crawling mainly and a few short 30 sec bursts in 2nd and it lived up to it...if you plan to run races with it or drags change the gearing...i say start 17t and either work up or down from there...
    why would a lower gear make the motor heat up. I thought thats how you cool off a motor is by gearing it lower. I do have a variety of pinions like a 12,14,16 and 18. I want to keep my spur at 68 tooth.
    Revenge 1/8 buggy

RC Qualifier
    you will be running it harder to go faster...but if your more of a crawler than a basher...14t will be fine...but your asking about
    6s...??? i think 17t will be a good choice for a lil of both...you want top end only, go to 20t...
    ???Why so serious???
    JOKER TV

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Burned Up View Post
    you will be running it harder to go faster...but if your more of a crawler than a basher...14t will be fine...but your asking about
    6s...??? i think 17t will be a good choice for a lil of both...you want top end only, go to 20t...
    k thanks man
    Revenge 1/8 buggy