RC Qualifier

EVX2 Green, then off

Guys, my car wont start i just ran it fine with no probs, then now when i press the on button, the esc goes green for half a sec then turns off. no response from the tx at all. any ideas what this means? ive tried 2 differnt sets of batteries, so its not batts

RC Champion
    have you been running in wet conditions.,,, if so.. let it dry good in a warm dry place...
    Slightly Addicted

RC Qualifier
    yeah i was actually. but i let it dry overnight, and its still a no go this morning.....guess ill wait longer

RC Racer
    Might need to stick it in a pile of rice. Helps dry it out faster.

RC Qualifier
    lol, serious?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    What happens when you put rice in a pan of water? It soaks up the water and expands. Ergo, put the damp electronics in a tub of rice and put a lid on it and the rice will absorb the moisture.

Sticking the parts in an airing cupboard will work too, just to dry out an moisture trapped inside.
    Keeping the Mods busy is my specialty...

RC Champion
    Have you tried different batteries? I was having a similar problem with mine last night, turns out one of the tabs between the cells in one of my packs broke. It's just electrical taped back together tightly for now, but that's literally all it was!
    Aw, Biscuits!

RC Champion
    dry it as the first thing :-)
    Slightly Addicted

RC Qualifier
    yep i tried 2 different batteries, same thing. so yours briefly flashed green for a sec, then went dark right? the red light on the receiver was always on? i can still hold my esc button to change to training mode as i can see the red light blink 3 times, but it just doesnt stay green after that.

72 hrs of drying and still no luck. guess ill have to talk to traxxas support and hope if they can get me a new one

RC Qualifier
    anyone know why im getting "this number is unavailable' when i call 1888-traxxas, im in canada

RC Champion
    dont know that but I e mailed them living in Denmark and they replied pretty fast.. reason I had two servos fried because the manual stated that they could be fed with more voltage than so, when binding the traxxas link radio..
    they send me adress and procedure so I could get a refund... good service also by e mail... they answered twice within 30 hours or so :-)
    Slightly Addicted

RC Qualifier
    mwi, you were almost right. turns out there was moisture in the receiver cover. i opened the cover and let it dry and now its working

RC Champion
    good to hear :-)
    Slightly Addicted