Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Man I finally took them Integy piggybacks off. Got tired of them suckers leaking. About a month ago I put a set of big bores on too. They are definitely an upgrade, like night and day! I think i'm going to try a set of Proline Powerstrokes on my 4x4 pede and see how they do.

I've been anxiously & patiently waiting on those green aluminum parts too. Arh Keep me posted if you see them being stocked anywheres. Tower says they should be stocked by the end of this month, guess we shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by QYKSLVR View Post
    Just did BigBores on my Pede, love them! Still waiting on Traxxas to RELEASE THE GREEN PARTS!

But on a side note. with the RPM rear, did u just re-use old screws with the new holes, or do the new bolt with nuts at the top?
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Racer
    Usually when Tower say "end of the month" that means sometime between now, and never. I've watched stuff I wanted before say end of march, then when the end of march comes, end of april and this goes on for months on end sometimes. I figure you know this, but figured I'd say it anyway. It's good to backorder stuff there like that because sometimes they get in just enough to fill backorders and it never really shows "in stock" status.

RC Champion
    I have almost everything pre-ordered from tower, it was like $76. Im hoping they do bulkheads too! The powerstrokes are for E-Maxx's right? I have Jato 3.3 shocks on my rusty and it was an awesome upgrade!
    Everything overpowered...

They are ProLine Powerstrokes. They are for the Slash/ Slash 4x4. Which means you can use them for the pede/ 4x4 pede. Same trucks. LOL

The powerstrokes are for E-Maxx's right?
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    holy, they better be good for twenty bones more than big bores lol
    Everything overpowered...

$20 being nice. I ordered the spring assortment for front/ back too. I figured this is a good time if any to try them out. I really want to check out the adjustability/ tuneability of them. It is what it is i guess. You only live once right?

BTW the cost of them you'd think they'd include a small bottle of oil with gold flakes as a bonus!! Maybe the free "ProLine" sticker will offset the cost. haha

holy, they better be good for twenty bones more than big bores lol
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

lol Digg. Heck ya.. I know right Awesome brotha. On the same website I bought my parts, I missed out on a set of powerstrokes for 60 bucks. half cost. I totally hesitated I think they are awesome, but mostly because it didnt really match my color palet. lol. always an imporant thing in a truck. ha... But glad I got what I got though.Working out really well. Fuuny that big bores seem to have less space inside. They are like smaller. haha.. I have a 2nd set-up waitn to be put together. TIN shafts, STRC Alum shock bodies, and RPM dual stage shock pistons. Waiting for some RPM shock guards, than we will see which truck gets what! tough choices I am having to make. Havn to fiqure out what truck is getting what next.. . .

I figured that'd happen with the integy ones. They leak alot? and from top or bottom?

Oh ya, I was totally wondering bout those green parts btw. betcha cant wait!

Alittle Update. Show couple new parts. So I went out drivin, and like alot of guys here I am not a huge fan of mud because of the after effects. Especially wanting to keep the truck running while, it requires a lil teardown,clean, re-grease.. But I was driving, and over alittle blind hill, BAM big old puddle and my truck drop right in... SO I finished the rest of the packs lol, and this was the result... lol.

Ya... lol. And it was worse in person, So it got a dip. Than a couple things added/changed.

Added A Traxxas 2075 Servo. 3 times the torque of my Futaba 3004. TrX @ 127, Futaba @ 47... Big ol difference for sure. Also changed the driving big time. Easier to flip over for sure. Requires changes in steering beyond the "obvious"

Also changed the Kimborough Servo Saver from 124 to 121. White to black.. Black is for high-torque. Also added couple red aluminum touches underneath even though they wont get much visible time Its all good, I know they are there

New battery holder. Had these set-up before, but prior to this it wasnt functional. Now it fits my batterys perfect. I have an extension kit already sitting on standby expecting the 3s Lipos when they come and I will make changes then... But happy with results.
    Last edited by AbSoLooT1; 10-14-2011 at 04:45 AM.

Added RPM Rear Body post. Ive had this for a while, but with the "stock" body, the Stock holder made it perfectly level, and this one did not... With this Raptor body, this one was the way to go... One less stock piece also,down to 2

RPM Rear Skid. "Slide" along better through the terrain...

Couple Beauty Shots... This is Prior to the Mud BUSTIN... But his pics above are after the Clean and Re-Grease.. Ya. It took a sec

Precious Metals.... In pic:
    STRC Red Aluminum
    Traxxas Red Aluminum
    Traxxas Grey Aluminum Shock Bodies
    STRC Head Treated Steel
    Titanium Nitrate Shafts
    RCScrewz Stainless Steel (love them)
    Traxxas Stainless Steel

Last edited by AbSoLooT1; 10-14-2011 at 05:17 AM.

Lil Info to leave behind....

This one was a suprise to me and the hobby store guy. The battery holds for the Rustler, and Stampede are difference sizes. Just barely, but different non the less. The grey one is for the Stampede, and the Black is the Rustlers.

This applies to anyone bringin an older stampede into modern, and anyone wondering why their battery doest fit regularly when everyone elses does. This is one of those subtle changes traxxas made along the way.

These battery post screws (non-technical name lol) also come in this lil longer size to accomodate for the two lil black spacers provided. Those definatly make a big difference. Also, for me, adding the lil red aluminum spacers (as shown couple posts above) made it to where those two battery fit perfectly. Both a Hump, and non hump pack. Fyi...
    Last edited by AbSoLooT1; 10-14-2011 at 05:15 AM.

The guy at the HS sold me one for the rustler and when I got home I was like this doesnt look right. It was supposed to be for at Pede. LRH

BTW great pics Loot. Thanx for the update.
    Last edited by DiggerPede; 10-14-2011 at 05:59 AM.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Competitor
    Im still dont know if i should upgrade to that Protrac Suspension...Is it easier to control with it? ANyways it looks sweet on it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Damontanagolfer@gmail.com View Post
    Im still dont know if i should upgrade to that Protrac Suspension...Is it easier to control with it? ANyways it looks sweet on it!!
    umm.. YES! oh ya for sure! I could not recommend that enough. Really. . It changes the whole truck big time. I gotta post vids of me doing powerslides, and high speed turns (with mashers) because of the Protrac kit. Such a big difference.... HUGE. It makes a bigger diff for the stampede vs the Rusty, or slash. Those not "as" much.. But the Pede becomes a whole new truck!

Look at my pics that show before and afters. See how wide it is, and also... Now I can use 4 front wheels everywhere. So I can rotate my wheels/tires And of course it adds more width.

Digg. I know silly right? I was like umm.. THats wierd.. But thanks bro. My pleasure

Rouleau, aka "Dog River", Saskatchewan, Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by AbSoLooT1 View Post
    Added A Traxxas 2075 Servo. 3 times the torque of my Futaba 3004. TrX @ 127, Futaba @ 47... Big ol difference for sure. Also changed the driving big time. Easier to flip over for sure. Requires changes in steering beyond the "obvious"
    Man, how did you deal with that futaba?! I bet you're just loving the response of the steering now. I was amazed when I updated my servo too, but I went a little over the top for mine. I have the 208 oz servo like digger, but am using it on one of my other builds and I have a 255 oz metal gear servo that I put on another build now that I upgraded to the last servo I'll ever have to buy for my truck. This servo swings maxx size tires back and forth without effort and with zero whining of the servo, even when the truck is sitting still on carpet. If I hold the tire so I can't move it can swing the rest of the truck instead. (not good for the servo saver btw) lol. If my truck could balance on one front wheel, I'm sure it could do push ups no problem. It is also fully programmable for endpoints and a bunch of other stuff too. I haven't figured out all the programming stuff yet, but it is A pretty neat option to have cuz I no longer have to set endpoints on my transmitter. Not to mention setting the turning radius, cuz it bent one of my turnbuckles trying to turn too far. I also had to use stronger screws with lock nuts on the under side of the chassis cuz it pulled the servo screws right out of the chassis on the first run. Oh yeah and the programmer can also test any brand of servo. Check it out:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I think that has to be the dirtiest I've ever seen your truck! Nice work!

Still the cleanest looking pede...even when it's dirty!

Sent from Dan's iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BaldyDaniels; 10-14-2011 at 09:33 PM.
    Never trust an "Atom", they make up everything.

I know right, its no comparison in regards to the way it feels. However.... I liked it, Driving the Traxxas 2075 now, I really was used to and liked the way I drove with my Futaba. Im having to learn all over again steering it feels like. Much stronger and turns more, but Its because I was used to it big time. But ya nice upgrade Btw. that Hitec is a fortune! Thats a grip for sure

Thanks for the compliments brotha. Funny thing, in person it looked 10 times worse. The pictures didnt really capture just how dirty and gunked up it really was. It was obsured. hehe..

Update on the Thread:

Proline Body Cost Winner!! Readers Rides choice!

RC Qualifier
    Congrats on the winning Pro-Line rider's ride . Your Stampede is pretty slick.

Thanks bro

RC Qualifier
    I entered too! My was the black raptor which was my first body I painted myself and the 3rd body I trimmed. There were allot of stampedes this time. Also were did you get the carbon fiber inlay, is it a sticker that goes inside the body ?

I hear ua brotha, we got a really similar set-up. I think one thing that really helpd me win was my one-off design. That and having the number of proline decals that i did. That helpd too. U know how u can only put two pics up, i used the second to squeeze in a few more. . Thought thatd kill me or take the win. As for the carbon fiber, its not something sold that wsy. I figured that one out and took me some trail and error to get that, that way. Good thing is it wont scratch off. Il share all my secrets, but that one ive stil yet to share .

I stil havent replied to them though lol, cant figure out what body i want. Imbuilding a rusty, but dont think i wsnt that one, think im gonna go with the chevy 3500.

Question, which would u choose?

RC Qualifier
    That's easy, I chose another Raptor body .

Alrighty. Been a while Since I did an update on my thread. So here we go. Things I have done lately.

I got a Battey expansion tray, To fit the New Lipos.. Also, At the moment I did not want to dremel the riblets off the chassis. Whether u do, Or dont... This is a great way to both hide that dremeling, AND .. Also Protect ur battery. Especially when U get dirt and debris inside the battery tray. It can scratch up ur hardpack, and cut up ur soft pack. Heres my solution.

Placed on the Tray. Ive seen people use drawer liners, but I didnt like that so much. I also placed a little piece of servo tape on each of the corners,and in the middle. Now its not going to move around, or come out at all unless I want it too.

I got this piece of felt-type non-sticky cloth at Wally world. I also saw the same thing in different colors at the fabric store. It was about 12inches by 12 inches, So about a sq foot. Very close to the size of a piece of paper.

Cut up to size.

Nice kooshy place for Lipos. Wont get all scratched up now.

Also, Placed RPM shock guards. Proper pics.

Difference from before, Side by Side Comparison.

Also, I customer fab'd this little center piece. I love the way it looks, and I think it came out great. It also looks even better in person I think. Also, After I added the Batt, and this gizmo, I got a perfect balance. My truck doesnt roll anymore, rather if I brake to hard it does a 180. Terrific weight balance I got going on right now. This is on high traction, rough gravel.

Here is its build thread.
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...wered-Stampede!

Overall View... Blends right in, Lettering matches Castles lettering real well. Great center piece, Def unique to my Truck.

On top of that, I ended up building anouther vehicle. I put together a Rustler, Very Similar to the Pede. Here is " Its " build thread.

***** THE (AbSoLooT) RUSTLER BUILD ********

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...-Rustler-build

The two Together. Offroad and Road SpEcIaLi$tS! ....

Finally,

Heres Whats next.... About to paint the Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Body I WoN in the Above Proline Contest, And building my own LED kit. Would have been alot easier to probably just pick up a light kit, but what the hey.... Getting ready to paint it, Gonna be a dark body. Thinkn it might by my shelf body, and just be mounted when its sittin on a shelf. Well see...

Last edited by AbSoLooT1; 02-11-2012 at 02:41 AM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    Very cool absoloot. You Sid a good job with the other bodies so im looking forward to seeing this one. I did the rusty raptor too, for my girlfriends daughter. Purple, green, white, with stars. It come out awesome.
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

RC Racer
    HOw does that Gt3b work for you? and this might sound dumb, but whats a protrac kit?

Quote Originally Posted by thedreadedend View Post
    Very cool absoloot. You Sid a good job with the other bodies so im looking forward to seeing this one. I did the rusty raptor too, for my girlfriends daughter. Purple, green, white, with stars. It come out awesome.
    Thanks bro. Im excited about this one too. Think I got the color scheme in mind. That sounds really nice, She deserves it doin all the good camera work My ladys Hummer body is next too. Starts is a sick Idea. Ima look for that.

Quote Originally Posted by SupersPede View Post
    HOw does that Gt3b work for you? and this might sound dumb, but whats a protrac kit?
    Terrific. Im a big advocate for it because its such a bang for the buck. Its performed flawless for me. And at 35 bucks its impossible to beat for anything under 100$.

As for the Protrac kit, take a good closer look especially through pages 1-2ish on this thread. But its a Proline "racing" kit that was designed for the Slash. It comes with Front and rear shock towers, and front and rear arms and exteneded links. It adds 11mm to front arms on each side, so u can use front offset wheels all the way around. And changes suspension geometery, for a much greater improved right. Night and day with the width and design. The bulk of us here have it on our trucks. Go back on the pages, below select last 6 months or whatever, and there are TONS of threads named with Protrac on the Title, and with information about it.

LooT good looking truck like always, that Rustler build is so awesome looking. The droop is s sick. Have you taken her for a run yet?
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Thanks brotha! not yet Waitn for swami bar, so I wont jack up the Alum tranny unfortunatly. Than Il borrow the Pedes electronics. Than in 3 weeks Il be pickn up MMP for her.. Im way itching to though!!

RC Champion
    Wow from one extreme stampede builder to another, sweet rig man. May i suggest a combo of metallic red and indy racing silver for that new body. That would be soo sick.
    Man i need more than 50 characters.

Thanks bro. I appreciate it. Ur actuallly not to far for the colors choosen for the new body Its actually "Mettalic" Gunmetal grey, and racing red. With black. So ur really close to the colors I got for it

Little update on the build thread, Definatly been a minute. First like the Rustler, other projects have come into play. The Rustler is "done" but STILL has not been driven yet. I just picked up anouther Pro4 motor yesterday, that will allow me to do so. And by so, I mean run it on 3S with the set-up I currently got on. I also picked up a Mamba Monster set, ESC and motor off a Revo, brand new for some 100mph bragging rights. Should be the only cat in my state to do so, Publicly anyways. The LHS around here, and my whole neighborhood is waiting on it funny enough.

On top of that, two more vehicles have been born. My Ladies Stampede, which is a tire glue job, and body paint away from being done, and the newest one.... I picked up anouther on-road car. A Traxxas 1/16 Boss 302, which is now in pieces, waiting for dye, and rebuild with upgraded/recconditioned parts. As much as I hate to see an RC all dirty and abused by someone else whos selling it, I love the challenge of bringing it back, and making it something. Not that I dont get my RCs extremly dirty, but I do clean em VERY often. Nearly after every bash that I get em dirty. At least a good air compressor blow off, before the next dirt run.

But my favorite update out of all, is the workspace. Titled Stampede Workspace, cuz lets face it. Il be a Stampede guy for ever, have been for many years, and dont see that changing in the for see-able future. It is, and will be my first Love Even with others, its the one thats got my attention. Thats for sure.

Now for some pics of what was discussed above...

First, the workspace.

Let me just say this, while im on it.... Ya know when u get a tool, that after u have it, u wonder how u ever lived without? Picked up a set of standard size hexs, for pinions and such, but more so picked up these angled drives. Fantastic... Example, I can take off the front body mount without un-doing the front end, and I can remove the rear cambers, without removing the motor. Something that was impossible before. AWESOME!

2nd, The RPM Camber Guage. Monster size not needed. This is the standard size. Adjustable links move by themselves, from all the torque. My rears move real fast in, and I get em back to 0 degrees after each run.. Huge diff in performance and nice and stable.. Love it! Using it every day!

As for other Projects, Have the ladies Pede almost done. Would be if Id just get on it. lol. All the parts are home, but spending 2 hours a night bashing, which is pretty much all the free time... Um ya. lol. But hers turned out real good. Just gotta tape and mount tires, paint body, and mount the SV2 to it sitting around all ready to go.

You can find her build thread here. ** AbSoLuTe Chick-a-pede thread.
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...k-a-Pede-Build

Next.. Picked up a the used 1.16 on local classifieds. Right now as mentioned, its in pieces... Heres literally what it looks like.

The bucket is all upgrade parts going in the build, here it is all laid out.
    Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..

Next, and back to my truck... Been pretty much the same, with a few changes. But shes got a complete Electronic overhaul.

Mamba Max Pro ESC, Savox 1258tg Servo. Or Spektrum 278oz Servo... Interchanging between the two, to see what I like. Speed vs tons of torque.

Speed Control Changed from the Sidewinder to, MMP.

As for motor, First got a Venom 3300kv, But it just wasnt nearly enough. Its a 380 can inside Big ol fins to make a 540. Just doesnt work out. After alot of comparison, Got a Tekin Pro4 4000kv. Absolutly love this thing. SOOO smooth, and being its sensored, No cogging and a real nice linear accelaration. Except theres a nice kick in the pants half way through.

Found out It only can run 2S. So picked up a 2nd motor, to run 3S...

Also, with this power, Busted a shaft quickly. So installed the 6852Xs I had waiting around to go in.

After one of my nasty crashs, It exposed a weak point.The rear connection of the chassis, to tower. So Proline Chassis Saver went in. Especially since I always love to pop up on curbs, and failed attempts put alot of stress in that area. Which is exactly how I first broke it.

Snappy RC mount to hold the MMP. Like it, but the power switch likes to get turned off by our lowerd bodies. Workin on a perma solution.

As tiny as this is, A Red alum bar really cleaned up the front end, and got that tie bar out of there. Really tied it together.

Also, as can tell in the pics. On one really hard impact, the Slash Stock 2wd bumper flexed way to much. Went with the RPM bumper.

Also, New charger.. Purchased from my friend senior DiggerPede. Absolutly Love this thing.

Also, Did a serioius Wire clean up job, and installed a Racers Edge Glitch Buster to help run the High powered servos. Runs Fantastic, and the truck looks Real clean with the wire clean up job.

Its funny how things can change in just 4 months. When ya think u are all done with a build, More stuff comes, and its ALWAYS evolving...

As we speak, I nailed a curb hard tonight, after an entire week of AWESOME bashing, and going more than 17 packs without a single broken part. Now im using one of the chassis i got on hand, and working on repairs as we speak.

RC Qualifier
    Wow! Man rc upgrades never end! Upgrade Nirvana is just out of reach!
    Jesus, Lights, RC, Minecraft, LoL

haha.. Fo real huh. Im REAL happy with the Pede. Able to go through a dozen pack or more, beat it up, jump it, thrash it, and it stays totally together. This week especially has been the reward for reaching the ultimate point. Real happy with her performance. This weeks has been a great time. Ive had alot of people who have watched it drive every day, and the neighborhood is starting to all know, and get all excited when i bust out the truck. But above all, IM happy with it, which is whats important right But yes I do need builds, Something to occupy the mind in a health way.

Ya LooT!! How ya like the RPM Camber gauge??

I've got to do some neglected work on my Digger. I have something i'll be posting in the coming weeks ( actually 2 ). I need to be driving my Rigs. Work has been so busy lately that i havent had much time to run my Trucks. Arhhhhh!!!
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    I'm hoping to put up a (Sort of) build post in the next couple of weeks to. Complete opposite of Loots...Banger Pede. Hope fully look as rough as a bag of nails.... (In a good way)
    Last edited by o0wiz0o; 06-25-2012 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    Ya LooT!! How ya like the RPM Camber gauge??

I've got to do some neglected work on my Digger. I have something i'll be posting in the coming weeks ( actually 2 ). I need to be driving my Rigs. Work has been so busy lately that i havent had much time to run my Trucks. Arhhhhh!!!
    I somehow never saw this post, but I love it But I use it very often, even take it with me in my mobile workspace. Good times!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast