RC Racer

front wheel alignment question

Hey Guys,
    Recently upgraded to castle 3800kv, servo 2075 and hot racing servo saver. Seems like I'm having to use the left/right control on the transmitter to get the truck running straight often. Like it's coming out of alignment. Anyone know what could be causing this issue?
    Thanks in advance.

RC Champion
    Could be a number of things. Re-center your servo. That will tell you everything. make sure you camber and toe is at 0 degrees. You may have to fiddle with the length of the rod ends on your links.
    Forget G-Rustler, My Name is G-Maxx

RC Racer
    camber and toe at 0 degrees is new to me. I thought we were supposd to have at least some camber

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboOptima View Post
    camber and toe at 0 degrees is new to me. I thought we were supposd to have at least some camber
    Camber is all a personal preference. What I really should have said was make sure both tires are cambered at the same degree. If one tire is off then it can cause your truck to pull to that side that is "off". Same thing with toe-in and toe-out, make sure they're the same degree.

RC Racer
    Ok cool. Makes a lot of sense. Thanks!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Stock servo saver may be weak and not re-centering. The higher speed/torque of the 2075 may be twisting the stock servo saver harder as your steering and when it tries to re-centre it just doesnt get all the way back. Look at a Kimbrough 124 servo saver. They are the best, most cost effective upgrade for a weak servo saver.

RC Champion
    You may want to get a small acmber adjustement guide tool from RPM, ot use the old trickbooks...to align them.
    Make sure to balance the tyres too. centring your servo is very important.

Th ehot racing servo is very strong, I like mine too, which colour did you get.
    Live life to the fullest

RC Racer
    Thanks Guys, Is there a trick to centering the servo other than disconnecting the servo saver and turning the vehicle on?

The Hot Racing servo save is nice. Definitely fit tighter to the servo than the stock of even the kimbrough I put on my sons truck. I went with black.

RC Champion
    Well that is the trick. Make sure you set your steering trim knob on the transmitter to the center once you take the saver off.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Missed the part about getting the new servo saver. Lol

RC Racer
    Thanks guys. Ran it tonight with my son. As you all have mentioned, the brushless/lipo combo is nuts. I'm running the stock gearing (19/90) and the motor and esc is not hot at all. There is a clicking noise coming from the rear that I can't pinpoint right now but all-in-all it's crazy fast. Wheelies like crazy with the stock monster jam tires. Can't imagine what the super swampers will be like.

RC poster
    You will be very pleased with the super swampers. I bought some a couple weeks ago and love them. Traction is awesome. You should be able the change your gearing to 19/87 and have no issues with your temps.