Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    RC Champion
    Tried to solder a new antenna wire to the rx, one from the failed one I just replaced, it held and worked but still lost it at 300 feet, so it really didn't work, but i had to give it a try. Can run it around the back yard all day long but it's not really worth the worry. Shelved till the flysky comes in. Side note, been beating the revo with the trenchers on it while it still has the stock gears in it, plastic ones. They are still holding up, maybe it's just the Moab's, they are fatter, the Mashers are on the XL, had to mess with the shift points, was hitting second to early, seems to be happy now. Back at it. How about those Bruins!!!
    15 IS Enough, Time to thin down the fleet some.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Morancy View Post
    No on the text, I could have them on backwards, just slapped them on to get a pic.
    LOL Matt, been meaning to tell you that I did mount 2 of the Mashers backwards, no big deal right fixed em, well today I took the moab's off the rig that need the new rx and put them on the 28, realized just today that I mounted 2 of them backwards too, did those first too, I'm such a dope, the little yellow dot on the proline tires means something, lol I have to learn everything the hard way. To the point, I had those big joe's on there the ones that pizza cut real bad, what a difference, I'll get some video tomorrow, it was about dark when I ran it. Dude total sickness. lol I wish you would have stressed your point, you were talking about mounting them backwards, I was thinking on the truck wrong, lol you should have seen me trying to switch them around, lol then the light bulb went on and i'm like that is what matt was talking about, lol what a dope I am. hahah,, thanks for trying.

RC Champion
    the yellow dot just means what compound it is Al... dont rely on that for direction to mount them... you might just get a set that is screwed up and this time you may follow the dot and glue them instead of bead lock....

just an FYI...

you learn something today... my good deed is done.. lol

http://prolineracing.com/images/howt...poundChart.pdf

RC Champion
    Al for all around bashing, grass, dirt, mud and blacktop which tire do you prefer: machers, trenchers or moabs?
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

RC Champion
    I like Bad lands... :-)... although the question was for Al

RC Champion
    I've been there, they are wonderfull but they wear fast on pavement, I bash 50% of the time on blacktop

RC Champion
    i would go for trenchers on 3.8

RC Champion
    Thanks KG, so what you're saying is I'm going to have to really pay attention, lol Did you see the title of this thread? And you though i was kidding. lol thanks man, you Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by kgombe1 View Post
    the yellow dot just means what compound it is Al... dont rely on that for direction to mount them... you might just get a set that is screwed up and this time you may follow the dot and glue them instead of bead lock....

just an FYI...

you learn something today... my good deed is done.. lol

http://prolineracing.com/images/howt...poundChart.pdf

RC Champion
    Thanks KG, so what you're saying is I'm going to have to really pay attention, lol Did you see the title of this thread? And you though i was kidding. lol thanks man, you Rock.
    never paid attention till you mentioned it now.. hahahahahahaha.. that doesn't say much fro me either huh.... LOL

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by danyvw View Post
    Al for all around bashing, grass, dirt, mud and blacktop which tire do you prefer: machers, trenchers or moabs?
    For me the jury is still out, and I haven't been spending any time on pavement lately, but the Trenchers would be the best all around tire in my opinion. I know I had a blast with the Mashers today on the XL in the grass, and the Moab's grab like a mother in the grass too but I bet they would wear fast on pavement, they all rock just being taped, i'm so done with ballooning tires, I need one more set to finish the family, the 23mm hubs are in the mail now, Badlands will complete the swap over.

RC Champion
    Thank you kgombe

RC Champion
    lol i'm glad you got a good laugh, the ocd thing is true to, haha I had the credit card company call wanting to know if someone stole my card, to many online purchases at hobby shops, they were like who the edit would be doing this. lol I'm like no it's all good, thanks for the call, got any parts. haha I gotta take a rest.

Quote Originally Posted by kgombe1 View Post
    never paid attention till you mentioned it now.. hahahahahahaha.. that doesn't say much fro me either huh.... LOL

RC Champion
    I was thinking on mashers but after those opinions I'll go for the trenchers, I saw them in picture and they look awsome on the axial 8 spokes.
    Last edited by danyvw; 05-28-2011 at 09:42 PM.

RC Champion
    Yes I love the look of my trenchers on the over sized axial 8 spokes. I will say they barley fit and the combo dose not like duratrax thin CA... I cant wait to beat the snot out of them.
    Cads, Insane RC, PWC,and BOAT CORNUCOPIA

RC Champion
    the best tire glue i have used is AKA... and what i do before i glue my tires is that i get rubbing alcohol and i clean the bead of the tire and the rim where i'm gonna glue... this will get rid of the excess oil left over from the molding... this along with the AKA glue has been the best combo for me..

for the record.. i will never buy proline pre mounts ever again... and if someone gave some to me.. i would run a bead of glue around the edge of the bead

RC Champion
    I use Loctite Super Glue Ultra Gel, its thick and gets me 2-3 minutes just in case I need to move the tire a little bit.

RC Qualifier
    hey Al. couple of questions. I intend to by OFNA Picco .28 8 port ABC Factory Team Turbo Monster Truck Engine. the blue head one like yours.

Do you run turbo plugs in your motor? if so what sort? brand model.

I intend to run mine with revo clutchbell and spur with the m2c 3 shoe clutch setup. what CB and Spur combination would you suggest? 17/38 i thought would give pretty good mid range poke, i dont need excessive speed, just a happy medium. i have standard ratio RR transmission gears

thanks in advance

RC Champion
    If you get a turbo button on the head you Need to use a turbo plug, you'll strip the button out trying to get a regular one in there, take my word, lol did it. Pull that mill up on the tower page and it will tell you what plug is recomended, or go right to ofna, when I get home tonight I can get you some numbers, Ive been running an 18/38 in mine for a while now and it's a beast, good luck, go easy on it, it's a part eater,

Quote Originally Posted by detoboy1 View Post
    hey Al. couple of questions. I intend to by OFNA Picco .28 8 port ABC Factory Team Turbo Monster Truck Engine. the blue head one like yours.

Do you run turbo plugs in your motor? if so what sort? brand model.

I intend to run mine with revo clutchbell and spur with the m2c 3 shoe clutch setup. what CB and Spur combination would you suggest? 17/38 i thought would give pretty good mid range poke, i dont need excessive speed, just a happy medium. i have standard ratio RR transmission gears

thanks in advance

RC Qualifier
    lol. part eater. well said. would much appreciate any advice and knowledge you can share in terms of gearing and what glow plugs you use. do you use turbo plugs?

RC Champion
    lol. part eater. well said. would much appreciate any advice and knowledge you can share in terms of gearing and what glow plugs you use. do you use turbo plugs?
    lol he just said that he does
    Hows that nitro taste on your electric?

RC Champion
    Lol deto, Yes I do use a turbo plug, there is no other choice. Wide Ratio Gears in the tranny, Steel, Robinson Racing, I did
    put an 1/8 scale clutch and bell on it. To do that the tranny had to be moved forward 5/16", I would try an M2C clutch if I were to do it again. To tell you the truth my .26 Maxx Revos will do anything the .28 will do, but I'm into small area bashing and beating around my track, maybe I'd see a difference on a long paved run, I don't do much of that, maybe I should it would be easier on the trucks, I'm constantly on it hard, break turn back on it. Either mill is great for the revo, got a regular .28 picco in the XL, I haven't been able to see a difference between a turbo and a non turbo .28, they both haul the mail.

RC Qualifier
    Big Al, it's Christmas in June! Got all my parts in today, well almost all. Still waiting on Traxxas to get me my 500k diff oil. I put the center diff in. Still just the stock 100k oil that it comes with. What type of difference am I gonna see from the 100k to the 500k oil? And lets just say that I'm glad I have a dremel, lol. I'll have a few pics up on my thread as to why here soon. Lots more work ahead, but I gotta get some more sleep before work tonight so the rig will have to wait till tomorrow. Have a good day bro!

RC Champion
    Hondo that's awesome, 500k compared to 100k, the way I see it 500k is a few steps down from full 4 wheel drive, I wheelie with 500k, 100k I tear ruts in the ground with the front tires, the best part of the diff is getting rear brakes, run it if its ready to go and you still don't have the 500k, see how it works, it's a half hour job, do it whenever. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by honda95freek View Post
    Big Al, it's Christmas in June! Got all my parts in today, well almost all. Still waiting on Traxxas to get me my 500k diff oil. I put the center diff in. Still just the stock 100k oil that it comes with. What type of difference am I gonna see from the 100k to the 500k oil? And lets just say that I'm glad I have a dremel, lol. I'll have a few pics up on my thread as to why here soon. Lots more work ahead, but I gotta get some more sleep before work tonight so the rig will have to wait till tomorrow. Have a good day bro!

RC Enthusiast
    i got another picco question al, lol sort of newbie here, on the carburetor by the high speed needle, the thing i connect the fuel line to is facing the wrong way and is getting a little in the way of the air filter, how can i turn it the other way so it faces my fuel tank?

RC Qualifier
    thanks for the info Al. I only have standard RR ratio tranny gears. i might buy an 18 and 19tooth CB to try out aswell. Al, I would like to know what make and model plug you use. tower says ofng5106 which i think is a typo, shouldnt be a g in the part number i dont think...

Merv he didnt say what plug he is using currently. just to clarify, he said he stripped the original turbo head, that would have given him the option to replace it with a non turbo head if he wanted to use regular glow plugs rather than turbo. there appears to be two picco 28 motors to chose from (3 if you count the black top motor)

ofn51232 - OFNA Picco .28 8 port ABC Pull Start Monster Truck Engine
    ofn51233 - OFNA Picco .28 8 port ABC Factory Team Turbo Monster Truck Engine

ofn51232 does not mention anything about having a turbo head, but they are the same motor. so Al stripped it, he could have replaced that with a non turbo head and i wanted to be sure.

RC Champion
    Sorry Tiger, didn't mean to blow off your question, haven't been on this much this week, you can loosen that body nut and spin the fuel intake however you want it, the trick is getting it to end up where you want it when it's tight, so get it close to tight and have the intake to the left of the final position you want, then tighten it up, may take a couple of tries to land it where you want it.

Quote Originally Posted by tiger blood View Post
    i got another picco question al, lol sort of newbie here, on the carburetor by the high speed needle, the thing i connect the fuel line to is facing the wrong way and is getting a little in the way of the air filter, how can i turn it the other way so it faces my fuel tank?

RC Champion
    Thinking about selling one of the Revo's, looking for advise, it would be the one I call the stocker, it's got a maxx in it now that runs great, is it better to sell it with all mod's or put it back to stock, it's got all RPM Carriers, Arms, True Track, I'd leave that stuff on it, but I have a new 3.3 on the shelf, do you think it would have more value with a new 3.3 or the Maxx, like with the tires, I got a bunch of 17mm rims and like new tires, should I bundle it all up in a package deal that would be more costly or put it back to stock and sell off the hop ups? Figured I'd get you guys opinion's, if you were buying a truck would you want it all done up or a good deal on a stock rig? It's the newest one I have, 3 months old, I don't need 3 revos and I want another XL lol. Thanks for any idea's.

RC Champion
    Id say sell it as is but with the new 3.3 with pics showing it is unused.

RC Champion
    Wow alots been done since ive been gone camping on these forums. selling might be a good idea. having another xl or maybe even another truck would be nice. becuase like you said 3 revo's is not needed lol

RC Champion
    Welcome back Merv, yea we'll see, it's good for when my buddies come over, I think I've pushed the revo and tested out enough stuff to get them as tough as they can get, they can take a beating for sure, the XL is a blast too, I like MT and I got my eyes on a fifth scale 2stroker, would like one of those big boys, the down side is the stockpile of spare parts I have for revos and the XL, I want give one of the other BB a try, greggs got me leaninng toward the lrp.30. It's for the XL, the newer 28 in that will go into the revo and the turbo is ready for service, got to get a rebuild under my belt, hope your vacation was good bro.

Quote Originally Posted by ToXiC MeRv View Post
    Wow alots been done since ive been gone camping on these forums. selling might be a good idea. having another xl or maybe even another truck would be nice. becuase like you said 3 revo's is not needed lol

RC Champion
    Welcome back Merv, yea we'll see, it's good for when my buddies come over, I think I've pushed the revo and tested out enough stuff to get them as tough as they can get, they can take a beating for sure, the XL is a blast too, I like MT and I got my eyes on a fifth scale 2stroker, would like one of those big boys, the down side is the stockpile of spare parts I have for revos and the XL, I want give one of the other BB a try, greggs got me leaninng toward the lrp.30. It's for the XL, the newer 28 in that will go into the revo and the turbo is ready for service, got to get a rebuild under my belt, hope your vacation was good bro.
    if i had 300 bucks right now i could pick up an xl with tons of upgrades and an os .30 engine thats only 5 minutes from my house. only thing it needs is some tires. thinkin about sellin the t-maxx and lots of parts to try and save up to get it...but i dont know yet. it has full rpm a-arms and almost every part possible is upgraded to rpm that can be. maybe try a truck you dont have yet, like take a t-maxx for say, get steel trans gears and a steel spur gear, and throw a BB in that, or maybe one of those losi lst's or anything really
    Last edited by ToXiC MeRv; 06-11-2011 at 11:36 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Well if you tryin to sell the stocker al I'm I. The market I have a tmaxx and I've been stalking this revolution forum and I REALLY want a revolution what are you tryin to get outta it If I were to get it I'd want the picco In it and What all would it come from and could you post pics
    drive it like you stole it

RC Champion
    RR, If I list it there will be a ton of pictures and the Picco would be in it, but I'm flexible on what goes with it, just put it here looking for sugestions on the best way to get rid of it. I got 2, lol wrapping things up here bro. I'll let you know when it's listed. Thanks for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by rustlerrevo View Post
    Well if you tryin to sell the stocker al I'm I. The market I have a tmaxx and I've been stalking this revolution forum and I REALLY want a revolution what are you tryin to get outta it If I were to get it I'd want the picco In it and What all would it come from and could you post pics

RC Qualifier
    alright man pm me when you do i know you take care of your stuff and i can find on here everything youve done to it im sure so just let me know im in the navy and will be goin on ftx here soon so just let me know while im gone ill have my wife loggin in to check up she knows how bad ive been wantin one and if you do it while im gone she will be makin the transaction just keep me posted please thanks
    drive it like you stole it

RC Champion
    so you take out a picco .28 for an lrp .30 in the xl? i dont get it, i thought you were a picco guy.

Wow and apparently i got an infraction for telling someone the prices of rc cars go down after you buy them. oh well it lasts for a year but infractions are infractions and aparently if someone yells at someone in the marketplace they are fine... but whatever i prob deserved it. been gone for a week and a half so prob was not thinking at all
    Last edited by ToXiC MeRv; 06-13-2011 at 10:08 PM.

RC Champion
    You know me Merv, like to try out different stuff, the LRP rips by the way, I haven't been around much lately myself, sorry to hear about your infraction, where do you look to see if you have infractions? Buku update, they sent a set of replacement shoes, and they are sending a set to test that are in R&D, not on the market yet, been doing a lot of reading on clutch tuning and threoy, it's a different world between a basher and a racer, just ordered a pile of Avid bearings, going to give the ceramic ones a try in the clutch bells, while I'm catching up on my thread here I think I can put the BB in the revo without moving the tranny and still use an eighth scale clutch, with an HPI flywheel, my first crack at it I used an Ofna flywheel, didn't know any better, it has a shoulder on it that pushed everything forward, last night I was moving around some motors and found the .28 with the HPI flywheel is way shorter, I'll get to moving the tranny back to the stock holes and see if it works out. With the NE mount on it's way back from Cali I'm thinking I'll keep the revo I was thinking about getting rid of and do up another BB, hope summer finds you all well, it sure is a blast bashing in bare feet and a bathing suit, I hit the pool instead of the trucks now. Best to you all, Inny good luck going battery.

RC Champion
    you can tell if u get an infraction because u will get a pm

RC Champion
    Thanks Al I been waiting for you to send out that addy I have a few things to send you.

RC Qualifier
    Looks good Al, took me awhile to get updated on your thread. Been cruising around in the Saleen too much.

RC Champion
    I moved the tranny on the beast back to the stock position, installed the .28 with the HPI flywheel and and a fresh set of shoes, it needed the slightest of adjustment on the spur gear, about 3 seconds on a belt sander, no rub, she rips, rips so good it ripped the moabs off the bead locks, never done that, I guess I'm going to do some glueing, bottom line an eighth scale clutch can fit without moving the tranny, 2mm would line up perfect without messing with the spur gear, could slot the holes to get it, may give the M2C clutch a shot on the BB just for the test.

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast