Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    RC Champion
    That's a New Era cage
    15 IS Enough, Time to thin down the fleet some.

RC Champion
    i would think so, but i think the erevo is longer

RC Competitor
    ya emaxx and erevo are both longer than 3.3 revo. its cool tho its fixed now.

RC Champion
    Al I been out of it for a while and looking at your thread makes me second guess me only brining my ofna 10tt to VA. I should have brought my revo but o well at least I have something to drive around. I need to get an aloy cup so I can put my center diff back in. Then get the parts to build rehash. BTW I did see the ramps in the track down back looks so diffrent with out the snow.
    Cads, Insane RC, PWC,and BOAT CORNUCOPIA

RC Champion
    Al! You did send the weather over here, because a huge storm just rolled in and it rained really hard for 10 minutes, and now another storm is rolling in. I cant even see the mountains behind my house. But someones house got struck by lightning and caught on fire just when the storm arrived.

The truck looks sick man! Got any idea's for the next truck?
    Hows that nitro taste on your electric?

RC Champion
    The next one is in the process, and SC8 Nitro, 1/8 scale, it's gonna be sick. .28 AE Pro. should be together by the end of the week, depends on parts delivery.

RC Champion
    i dont waste any time lol

RC Champion
    man you guys are gettin new trucks left and right, Ive been waiting 2 months just to order a $20 exhaust header. Crazy people

RC Champion
    i meant he doesnt waste any time haha.. im so stuck on tires right now it aint even funny lol.. al i need ur help again haha.. i dunno what to do. i need tires for grass.. and a wheel.. seems that jconcepts 1/2 offsets are sold out. so i need another setup.. and most tires now have the traxxas beads.. im stumped

RC Champion
    The trenchers I got have a thick bead. They work great all around. Just tape them before you glue.

RC Champion

Send me you're addy,

Quote Originally Posted by ToXiC MeRv View Post
    man you guys are gettin new trucks left and right, Ive been waiting 2 months just to order a $20 exhaust header. Crazy people

Merv I have an exhaust header here, you're talking 3.3 bolt on right, pm me you're addy again I didn't save it, I have on sitting doing nothing and I'll never need it, it's yours.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by shizcol View Post
    i meant he doesnt waste any time haha.. im so stuck on tires right now it aint even funny lol.. al i need ur help again haha.. i dunno what to do. i need tires for grass.. and a wheel.. seems that jconcepts 1/2 offsets are sold out. so i need another setup.. and most tires now have the traxxas beads.. im stumped
    You got some 17mm hubs from Tony right, i'll lend you a set till you get the ones you want, I have a brand new set of losi pins on white dishes that flip my trucks over they have so much grip, when is the next time you'll be in the area? Talk later, lol look at my Slash 4x4 page, I got some Badlands for the slash, I almost got a set for you but he only had 2, you were right they are a sick looking tire, cant' wait to run it today on the slash.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Morancy View Post
    That's a New Era cage
    thats what i figured just didnt know for sure.. nice cage man

RC Champion
    yeah he is supposed to send me a set of 17mm for my revo.. but i def wanna try those badlands on the geodes.. man that would be sweet if u could let me borrow some tires.. my truck has lil to no traction at all on grass and i even mowed it for a last time just to help.. but nope no help there.. not sure when il be in the area.. but if u could send them if pay shipping.. pm me.. i think im gonna order the geodes this week.. thats probly all i could do for this week

RC Champion
    Well the parts came today for the SC8, and it' ready to run, started with a bare chassis, I won't post any links but there is stuff on the you tube page and photo bucket, I tried a time laps thing got a ton of pics the computer kept taking but have to figure out how to make it a video. Gotta try out different stuff now and again. lol, you guys that care know where to go.

RC Racer
    ginally Posted by Al Morancy

Those look awesome, I think the mistake I made was mounting them on the Proline beadlock with 23mm hubs, way to heavy, are you running a stock tranny? If so you may want to think about the RR drive gear upgrade at least. Sharp Truck!!!

I went with that tip you gave me RR wide top shaft gears (the to lttle guys be hind the slipper clutch)
    and 43 tooth RR fist gear and center diff with rear brake kit
    I can't beat on her yet only have about 11 tanks on engine so far ,and when I get vid recorder I'll put some vid's up for sure but right now I just can't stop up grading LOL I have true track ,all front end and front bumper RPM set up coming and then I'll install that traxxas steel drive shafts in as well ,got them drive shafts of ebay like you said I got them for 48.00 good deal ,this week end I'll take her out in my back yard and I'll let you no how good that tire set up dose in the grass I did tape them with duck tape as well ,Anouther thing is I have a lot of power going to the front end I hear if you put silly putty it the center diff it will all most lock it up but have anough give so you don't break or twist drive line ,what do you think of that Idea ,I hear that works very good but not sure about tring it yet thanks again for all your tips ,(this is from the posted in Proline trenchers - traxxas bead thread want to make sure you seen this really like your in put on the center diff idea)

RC Champion
    If 500k is too light try some ofna diff lock lube. It made the front of my revo skitter. Was just under being locked.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ View Post
    ginally Posted by Al Morancy

Those look awesome, I think the mistake I made was mounting them on the Proline beadlock with 23mm hubs, way to heavy, are you running a stock tranny? If so you may want to think about the RR drive gear upgrade at least. Sharp Truck!!!

I went with that tip you gave me RR wide top shaft gears (the to lttle guys be hind the slipper clutch)
    and 43 tooth RR fist gear and center diff with rear brake kit
    I can't beat on her yet only have about 11 tanks on engine so far ,and when I get vid recorder I'll put some vid's up for sure but right now I just can't stop up grading LOL I have true track ,all front end and front bumper RPM set up coming and then I'll install that traxxas steel drive shafts in as well ,got them drive shafts of ebay like you said I got them for 48.00 good deal ,this week end I'll take her out in my back yard and I'll let you no how good that tire set up dose in the grass I did tape them with duck tape as well ,Anouther thing is I have a lot of power going to the front end I hear if you put silly putty it the center diff it will all most lock it up but have anough give so you don't break or twist drive line ,what do you think of that Idea ,I hear that works very good but not sure about tring it yet thanks again for all your tips ,(this is from the posted in Proline trenchers - traxxas bead thread want to make sure you seen this really like your in put on the center diff idea)
    DJ don't be putting any silly putty in anything, the 500 K will do the job or like inny said the ofna diff lock, I'll get a Center Diff video up on the tube on tuning them. The fronts will seem to be getting more power cause they spin easier, with the 500 I can still get wheelies out of it. Think about it why use a diff if you'er going to be locking it out totally, right. the goal is brake bias and off the line power going to the wheels for fast take off with the truck on the wheels not the lid. lol

RC Competitor
    I dont recommend silly putty as that is really stiff but I have found that play-doo works great for me since the LHB never seems to be able to get 500K in. I image its pretty close to 500k and it never leaks out lol

RC Champion
    Al if your not racing and just bashing around, lose the CD. It more trouble than its worth, when paired with a big block. Pizza cutting's cute but not good on diffs. Just my two cents. Theirs many ways to accelerate without flipping on your lid. Adjusting clutch, suspension and slipper to name a few. Depending on your controller you same control your servo speed. I personal have a 4pk and the adjustments are endless.

HTC Evo 4G on Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by JLRevo; 10-27-2011 at 11:59 AM.
    Go Patriots!

RC Champion
    Thanks for the advise JL, I hear ya but I like having the rear brakes, lol on the pizza cutting, most of my tires are taped now, that set isn't. I hate Pizza Cutters, I may stick the FOC shaft back in one to see if it changes my mind. I've had nothing but good luck with the CD's in all my Revo's to date, that chassis just got a bb, it's had a Maxx in it, I knew it had something going on in the diff when it did those slow wheelies, I thought it was funny looking so I grabbed the video of it, lol I don't run around like that. lol Thanks again for the input, may be better for the winter setup with the studs too.

Quote Originally Posted by JLRevo View Post
    Al if your not racing and just bashing around, lose the CD. It more trouble than its worth, when paired with a big block. Pizza cutting's cute but not good on diffs. Just my two cents. Theirs many ways to accelerate without flipping on your lid. Adjusting clutch, suspension and slipper to name a few. Depending on your controller you same control your servo speed. I personal have a 4pk and the adjustments are endless.

RC Champion
    Al I trashed a CD with tweener, and the pins that hold the FOC gear on well they dont hold for crap. Also since im here at school I will be making a new input shaft for the trans so I can run the erevo spring instead of the () washers. I dont like how the () have to be locked down to run.

RC Champion
    Al I was going thru diffs like crazy. I was stripping gears due to the plastic housing moving around under load in the bulks. And snapping the output shafts where my cvd's connect. I switched to a metal inner and outer diff cup. Put some doublesided tape in the bulkheads to stop the diffs from moving around in the bulks and use RRP diffs (RRP8090) and haven't had a diff problem in a while. Food for thought.

Last edited by JLRevo; 10-28-2011 at 02:49 AM.
    Go Patriots!

RC Champion
    I'll look into those diff cases, thanks for the tip. Everything else is RRP maybe I should complete the drive trains to as much RRP as I can. lol

RC Champion
    Also, leave the rear drive shaft plastic. Don't know why but it works with 4 wheel drive. Everything else can be metal. Just upgrade your clutch and slipper (I use RRP slipper also).

Go Patriots!

RC Qualifier
    A lil off topic but any of you guys can help me it would be great. It seems this thread has the knowledgable guys in it lol. I'm trying to figure out how to mount my dynamite 053 a lil lower. But, if I try to go lower it hits the throttle/reverse servo box on the side. How did you guys mount yours lower like I seen some? Will a slayer/platinum throttle mount do it? Plus if you go lower with it it seems like the throttle linkage hits too any help would be appreciated.
    Red dot revo rustler with 3.3 neu/MMP mini revo

RC Champion
    Get the New Era Mount. It mounts lower BC it can move up and down, and forward with the Picco 26. Idk about a true BB. I just have a Picco Max and Picco JLR 26 AB Drag mod.

Go Patriots!

RC Champion
    Hey al I got those 17mm hubs from my cousin but they won't work I guess the ofna axles are bigger so if u want just send me ur adress and il send them over to u since u have the ofna buggy now

RC Champion

Trying all different brands, been wanting a 5th scale for a while.

As I continue to break my RC budget the latest adds to the stable, lol I am starting an ebay page for selling parts I may be selling more than parts soon, lol Could be some great trucks on the market. lol I think I'm done for a while.

[IMG][/IMG]

The new SSRC chassis for the 4x4 Slash.
    [IMG][/IMG]

The AE SC8, Nitro .28 Pro powered, this thing is a blast too. The white Lucas Oil body is on the way.

[IMG][/IMG]

RC Champion
    geting rid of the slash and sc8? are you gonna buy a 1/5 scale or somethin?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ToXiC MeRv View Post
    geting rid of the slash and sc8? are you gonna buy a 1/5 scale or somethin?

LOL I'm not getting rid of anything at this time, I'm building inventory for when I open my store, no way would I get rid of either of those two trucks anyway, they are a blast. That 5th scale is a beast, merry Christmas to me, it will be here this week.

RC Champion
    Al you got a pm read it, and give me a call some time late (like 5 to 10) is best.

RC Champion
    Al in that SC truck what motor and ESC are you running. I am haveing great results with the castle SC kit its killer bro makes my ofna hyper 10tt stand up on a 2s. The gearin is like a 13/40. I think you would like a 4wd truggy in your stables I say skip the 10th scale and go 8th.

RC Competitor
    hey al i got a hpi baja 5b 2.0 coming tomarow from california. let me know if you have anything for sale for that i know it says you are buying a 1/5th scale so i was just checking. it is a very nice and new baja 5b herd it run sounds great and it is super clean and alot of nice upgrades. cant wait but he is sending it out tomarow so it will be a while before it gets to me in northern maine from california. the only down fall is that he is getting my sc8 with tekno conversion and my truck is still mint and i love it. so that sucks but i think my girl in ct is going to help me get another mamba monster or i might try the tiekin rx8 set up always wanted one is it a good idea or should i stick to mamba monster, or the flux st up in your flux. let me know it is going to be for my emaxx brushless edition for now because he gets the set up with the sc8 converted for the baja. so if any one knows more than me about the tieken rx8 please let me know. do i have to run it sensored i would rather have non sensor. and is it worth the extra money compared to the mamba monster. remember it is going into a pretty much stock emaxx brushless edition just has some rpm stuff on it and i am running two 2 cells 5000mah 50c. so give me a heads up guys what makes the rx8 tiekin so sweet i always wanted one but to much money but now i got a lil help from my old laddy. and al the buggy goes out tomarrow or tuesday i will have tracking numbers for you when i send it. when you get it call me i have to go over a couple minor things with it that need to be addressed it wont cost a dime for you to address these thing i just want you to know what i know. and pm me the links of the things you are going to sell if you are ok i am interested in all things. cant wait for my baja tho but going to miss that sweet sc8 on page 13 of this thread. so al get back at me tomarow with pm ok. your sc8 sounds good what did traxxas take off the pics or vids of yours and leave my picks on page 13 on

RC Competitor
    and let me know what 1/5th you are getting in the pm you sent me. if it is the baja sc i will be jelous and if it is the new losi 1/5th sc i will be really jelous. and i can say that here i message and send mail to traxxas to get a 1/5th scale built right away i keep on them about that almost everyday. so help me out guys tell them we want to smoke the compitition when it comes to 1/5th scale for once or just in short course period. associated are always on top in the 1/10th scale so now losi has the 1/5the scale on lock now traxxas has to make a far better one than those guys got. and i will start buying traxxas again. they can build a good platform and take the time to beat the rest in quality and drive ability. come on traxxas make a short course that is always on the podium in stead of behind the rest in races. we all know you make great bashers so lets got to the next step and smoke hpi and losi in the 1/5th scale division. right guys let them here this lets get it going. even a 1/8th scale to compete with the sc8 on profesional level,but 1/5th scale first. send them messages and lets see if we can get them to do it sooner than later. if you feel the way i do

RC Racer
    Hey Al, Im trying to pm you but it says your inbox if full.....clean up required

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by spencer_lee1993 View Post
    Hey Al, Im trying to pm you but it says your inbox if full.....clean up required
    Thanks Spencer, it's empty now.

RC Competitor
    get rid of the sc8? that person is crazy best short course truck of all time. that would be a big mistake. but i know you know better than that. al your a smart man

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by the450ss View Post
    get rid of the sc8? that person is crazy best short course truck of all time. that would be a big mistake. but i know you know better than that. al your a smart man
    No worries there man, the King is awesome too. Totally Awesome, hey I was a little surprised to find no radio or battery in that buggy, I knew it needed a servo, maybe you told me, lol now if I can get the hubs from Shizzle, lol he's sending them out today I hope. I'm putting a picco maxx in that thing, or the Red Dot, I got the parts to rebuild the red dot so maybe that's a good place for it.

[IMG][/IMG]

RC Competitor
    ya al i never got a radio out of the deal myself. i do have a battery box for four aa's that is what we ran in it. its brand new to i will send it to you i should have the body this weekend and the stock wheels and tires i have a extra servo laying around to that i dont use so i will hook you up. that picco will for sure turn that on for you. but that motor does run good just need a one way bearing for it and tune it