Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffnohio View Post
    yeah those Lipo's are night and day difference between the nimh packs.. well the ***** 3s packs anyway.. but so far they held up on mine better than the cvd's
    i have a 2s but i dont want to have axle carnage... lol
    PROJECT BAJA PEDE

RC Racer
    Oh but it is so cool for at least 2 or 3 mins.. lol

RC Racer
    how much is the speed difference with a single 3s lipo and dual nimh batts? im thinking about going lipo for my summint vxl.
    and what about temps? cooler? or hotter?
    Emaxx 3903 (MMM)
    Summit VXL
    Savage Flux 2350

Go HERE and see for yourself...

But be prepared to replace parts... lots of parts...

axles due to power
    arms and carriers due to uncontrolled power
    ESC due to heat
    ect
    ect
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by AKbash57 View Post
    how much is the speed difference with a single 3s lipo and dual nimh batts? im thinking about going lipo for my summint vxl.
    and what about temps? cooler? or hotter?
    more volts = more heat
    PROJECT BAJA PEDE

RC Enthusiast

a very long thank you with some questions as well

first on all thanks so much, i have the exact truck, stock of course, and i have been running 2 cell lipos no problems, but i got a 3 cell 1500 mah, the biggest that would fit, and in less than ten seconds the 2 axles popped out of place, and like what happened to you one broke one pin on the drive shaft, so it will just pop out at any time, even with the stock power cell 1. so i'm gonna order the e revo like i've read everywhere to do, a friend runs his 1/16 e revo on 3 cell all the time, and he just keeps extra stock ones, i think, i just sent a message to him but no reply, on what he runs if the stock ones don't work, i live where i have to drive at least an hour to a crappy hobby shop, so i got this and then like ebay, or any sites that you guys recommend, so thank you so much, you are saving me, and i'm sure others a lot of time, frustration and money. my question right now is, if i run the 2 cell 2200 mah lipo do ya think that the e revo shafts will hold? i dont really bash on it to hard, just a little bit but reallly i just mess around, so if they are stronger thats what i need, just wanted the run time out of lipo, like someone already said, i'll run it in training mode just to keep the axles from breaking if needed, i do like to get it on the road and chase down cars, someone actually stopped and raced me, i told him i only had one gear so he could just max out first, i already knew what would happen, so i got him of course, and he offered to buy it right there, i told him what he needed to do, and what all was in my setup, but anyway, the axles, sorry about the rant there, u think they will work even with that really bad angle they seem to be in?
    Last edited by horsepants; 06-12-2011 at 04:44 PM. Reason: a ling winded thank you with a few questions

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by horsepants View Post
    first on all thanks so much, i have the exact truck, stock of course, and i have been running 2 cell lipos no problems, but i got a 3 cell 1500 mah, the biggest that would fit, and in less than ten seconds the 2 axles popped out of place, and like what happened to you one broke one pin on the drive shaft, so it will just pop out at any time, even with the stock power cell 1. so i'm gonna order the e revo like i've read everywhere to do, a friend runs his 1/16 e revo on 3 cell all the time, and he just keeps extra stock ones, i think, i just sent a message to him but no reply, on what he runs if the stock ones don't work, i live where i have to drive at least an hour to a crappy hobby shop, so i got this and then like ebay, or any sites that you guys recommend, so thank you so much, you are saving me, and i'm sure others a lot of time, frustration and money. my question right now is, if i run the 2 cell 2200 mah lipo do ya think that the e revo shafts will hold? i dont really bash on it to hard, just a little bit but reallly i just mess around, so if they are stronger thats what i need, just wanted the run time out of lipo, like someone already said, i'll run it in training mode just to keep the axles from breaking if needed, i do like to get it on the road and chase down cars, someone actually stopped and raced me, i told him i only had one gear so he could just max out first, i already knew what would happen, so i got him of course, and he offered to buy it right there, i told him what he needed to do, and what all was in my setup, but anyway, the axles, sorry about the rant there, u think they will work even with that really bad angle they seem to be in?
    for sure soon. ill be running my lipo as soon as i mod the door for the balance plug wires. with the angle, the shafts are only at that angle at full suspension droop. so dont worry about that to much.that should be to much of a problem. it will be the sudden jerks from landings and wheel hits. so loosen the slipper a bit. it will help.

well i did some work on the truck. i got it cleaned up, shocks refilled and headed out for a run. oh i also added some decals. lol :

i still want to try out some new tires but honestly the stocks arent that bad...they leave rubber on the rocks in my course.

Last edited by cooleocool; 06-14-2011 at 04:10 PM. Reason: merge
    PROJECT BAJA PEDE

RC Enthusiast
    thanks man, and again thanks for all you have put on here, it has helped me a lot, really. I'm trying to think of everything to get your prospective on what i need to know here.... oh there is a popping noise when i get it in a tight spot i guess, or just accelerate or stop really hard, i assumed that it was the slipper clutch, but i'm thinking that one or both of my diffs is doing it, so i ordered the stuff that you recommended, forgot the name, the heavy grease for the diffs, hope that will help with that. I tock the cover off the trans and all the gears look fine so I'm almost certain that its the diffs, if its not just the slipper clutch, i tightened it all the way, and backed it off a little more than a quarter turn, that is what I've read everywhere, but correct me if you think I'm wrong on any of this. I found an aluminum skid plate on ebay not to bad like 25 bucks gonna get that soon maybe, thought that might add a little weight to it, and got to get a wheelie bar for sure9 do a lot on the road more than off i guess for now). one last thing, my friend runs his mini e revo with 2 3s 11.1v 1500mah lipos, in series, I'm almost positive of that, I'm sure that the battery size is correct, but i tried to do the same with 2 2 cell 7.4v 2200mah and it wouldn't work, called traxxas and they said that my mini summit wouldn't handle that set up, does the e revo have a different stock ESC? I assumed they were the same except for the suspension and body, any advice or knowledge there? would be greatly appreciated, although as soon as I get the e revo axles I'll just run the 1 3s 11.1v 1500mah, that was fast the minute i got to run it before it broke two of my axles, sorry for the long posts, just wanna get everything in there, ya know. thanks again and i hope you can help, and by the way you have a sweet mini summit, i just wish it had the 2 speed and locking like the bigger one, so i could do some crawling. thanks later josh

oh and what is a merv? been hearing that a lot, and have no idea, maybe a special revo or something, just wanted to know what everyone was referring too. again thanks so much

Edited for language. If you see a starred out word in your post, the word has been blocked by the language filter. Please remove these words from your post in the future, or warning points will likely be issued.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 06-14-2011 at 04:11 PM.

MERV = Mini E Revo

MERV ESC and Summit ESC are the same. If your buddy was running 22.2 volts (3s in Series) he could have had it in NiC/NiM mode... and even then the ESC would have fried. A single 3s battery is pushing the limit of these ESC's.

The click/pop is definitely your differentials. At minimum, a ring and pinion should be ordered along with a few shims.

I think a half turn out is just right on a slipper... --please correct this if I am wrong!

Just a note:
    Series connectors have three wires.
    Parallel connectors have four wires.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC Racer
    Where do these shims go? And is there a link to this mod? I have some spring washers left over from my order to fix my mini lst2