RC Qualifier

Talking ** Front Chassis Brace Mod **

Here it is at last! , just like the rear mod this one requires traxxas part # 2336X, Stampede turnbuckle, it also requires a very small hole on the body post/shock tower as shown below. (dont make too big of a hole so the screw can fit nice and tight)

very fast and easy mod, but please, to all young hobbyist dont ruin your truck while doing this, im not responsible. I got about 2 extra red aluminum and one metal that im willing to trade with somebody else for one Erevo pushrod (for the rear brace mod), a couple of bearings ( Click here ) and some traxxas connectors. Happy Bashing!
    Sony Action Camera, My new toy

RC Champion
    If u like it then I say cool.

RC Champion
    nice job....Here's my variation of the same mod. I used a piece of carbon fiber rod glued into a rod end for the shock mount side and drilled a 3/8 inch deep hole into the body tower that the other end of the rod simply inserts into. I have a rcsolutions rollcage that does a great job of stiffening the chassis but I figured the front and rear braces are simple to make and very little added weight so why not?

-ERBE
    -Slash 4x4

RC Competitor
    hey candyman, is that a roll cage for e revo brushless , if it is where can i get 1 and how much? and is it really worth gettin 1 ?

Quote Originally Posted by candy76man View Post
    nice job....Here's my variation of the same mod. I used a piece of carbon fiber rod glued into a rod end for the shock mount side and drilled a 3/8 inch deep hole into the body tower that the other end of the rod simply inserts into. I have a rcsolutions rollcage that does a great job of stiffening the chassis but I figured the front and rear braces are simple to make and very little added weight so why not?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenfingers View Post
    hey candyman, is that a roll cage for e revo brushless , if it is where can i get 1 and how much? and is it really worth gettin 1 ?
    It's the rcsolutions rollcage....it's expensive (120 bucks most places, when you can find it in stock) but well worth it to me. It is extremely strong and with the way it attaches to the erevo chassis it makes it much harder to break a bulkhead or chassis, it becomes a super strong ladder frame for the erbe. I probably went through 4 or 5 bulkheads before I got it and none since....plus it protects everything in the chassis and even makes the body last practicly forever since it can't crush down anymore when you land on the top.

Last edited by candy76man; 05-04-2012 at 07:42 AM.
    -ERBE
    -Slash 4x4

RC Qualifier
    candy76man your ERBE is just perfect !!!

3.8 Mashers ( wich are discontinued ) + RCSolutions roll cage + aluminum rockers + aluminum shock mount + front / rear chassis braces = awesomeness !!!

I want an RCSolutions rollcage so bad but they charge me an arm and a leg to ship it to Canada so the cage would cost me something like 175$ shipped !!!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Imprez View Post
    candy76man your ERBE is just perfect !!!

3.8 Mashers ( wich are discontinued ) + RCSolutions roll cage + aluminum rockers + aluminum shock mount + front / rear chassis braces = awesomeness !!!

I want an RCSolutions rollcage so bad but they charge me an arm and a leg to ship it to Canada so the cage would cost me something like 175$ shipped !!!
    Thanks! that picture is over a year old..since then I have also installed lst2 diffs, losi xxl drive shafts on all four corners as well as kershaw center dogbones so it has been pretty much bulletproof for me since those upgrades.
    -ERBE
    -Slash 4x4

RC Racer
    revos need more bracing than that! I have been building revos for a while and can tell you that the motor mount is junk. Also try bracing from under the chassis. If done right you will end up with piece that covers the front driveline. should mount to the rear part of the skid plate( part that bends to the driveline) drill 2 holes that are side by side and mount a piece of material that you can find. I like 7075 1/8 thick and 3/4 wide. The in a vice bend the other end so that it is on the same plain as the transmission brace. drill 2 more holes side by side and you have a bomb proof brace that aslo procects the under side of your revo.

RC Racer
    I see in the pictures that you have upgraded the axles. I hope yuo still have the old ones. I have made some really cool drivelines with them. Here are some that use revo parts.