RC poster

New Body For Stampede

I need to get a new body for my traxxas stampede. What kind of bodies will fit with my stampede? Do any of the "1:10 scale crawlers" fit?

RC Champion
    It depends on how high you have the body mounted. Most 1/10 scale bodies will fit as well as most 190mm and 200mm touring car bodies. You can also use most stadium truck bodies.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    The pede has an odd wb for 1/10 scale, and it is hard to find bodies for it. Best thing to do is go to the hobby shop with the pede in hand and match up the truck to the body in person. Just remember, as the front suspension compresses, the wb dramatically shortens, so the wb will be about a " shorter when the arms are level. Reaper is right on the money about how high the body is mounted. It can make a big difference in how the truck looks.

If you look at the top of this forum, there is a sticky about pede body options.
    I would definately check the touring car bodies in person as most will not fit the pede.

RC poster
    Yea that Stampede body guide is pretty helpful. If nothing there tweeks your beak I used a Baja Bug body from ProLine. It's the short chassis one for the T/E/2.5-Maxx, Revo 2.5 and Savage.http://prolineracing.com/bodies/volk...tnx-flux-body/
    Check it out. I'll post some pics when I get off my butt and get one of those Photobucket thingys you need to post pics on this forum. I think it fit pretty good, especially for my first body. I still need to do a bit of trimming as the body hits the tires on extreme cornering(and let's face it, that's all we do). I had to get longer rear body mounts and kind of Dremel the fronts thinner so the body sat a bit lower because the curve of the hood. But over all it looks Wicked! If you haven't I would suggest popping in the 16 tooth pinion gear for some wicked wheely action.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    The most durable body ive found so far is the Proline Hummer SUT body (made for a stampede). Its SUPER thick so it takes alot of abuse. But, there are other bodies made specifically for a stampede... some old school chevy and ford bodies, a Ford raptor body and some 1/10 stadium truck bodies will work with minor body mount mods. Heres some pics of the bodies I run on my pede's:

RC Competitor
    axial makes some 0.060 lexan bodies which are really thick and take alot of abuse, but i have a heavily custom stampede
    Last edited by marxain; 03-21-2011 at 11:33 AM.