RC Enthusiast

it just stopped goin wut went out

i drove my summit in a bunch of mud an water the other day. after i got back i sprayed it off and oiled everything down i took it out today an the engine seemed to be makin a grinding kinda of noise as i hit the gas to bring it back it just stop all the servo's are still workin but the engine just doesnt seem to be gettin power. it also had a lil bit of a burnt oil smell to it does anyone wut this could be any help would be really apreciated

RC poster
    bushings in motor are probably full of mud. Will the motor turn by hand? Could also be brushes gunked up or broke.

RC Enthusiast
    ill have to tear it apart an look at all of it so far if i spin the tires u can see the engine spinning inside not sure if that means anything though

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Waterproof = actually just water resistant; drowning it in mud & them hosing it off without removing the electrics probably didn't do it any favours. You only need to apply a drop of oil to the bushing, too much just attracts dirt which will kill the bushing more rapidly. I would apply a battery directly to the motor terminals to see if it spins that way- if it doesnt, or is difficult to get it spinning, then chances are the brushes are fried inside the motor > new motor time. Make sure the slipper is tight too ( Im assuming the motor doesnt actually spin when you apply throttle, vs the motor spins but the truck doesnt move )..
    Keeping the Mods busy is my specialty...

RC poster
    Sounds like a great time to upgrade to a Dewalt motor. They put out so much torque more than the 775, are rebuildable, and cheaper than the 775 paperweight.

RC Qualifier
    you have grit in the motor . take it off the Truck , remove the motor mount (make sure you do this). take a garden house(no attachment) and flood that puppy really good , both forward and backward directions . drown it and flush it with no fear . once and a while turn the motor by hand when flushing. no electric Power ok

now with air compressor and air gun. blow it out really good both directions. then use motor cleaner . let it dry good.
    put one drop of com lube on commutator (the copper round surface were the brushes touch) . turn by hand . then put one drop of lube oil on each brushing . turn by hand. then reinstall mount and put back on the truck.

should be OK. unless you ran it to long with grit in there .

I have noticed when you get some kind of debris in motor you get smoke or smoke smell . this is happens because motor has no protection . either add plastic window screen or something like outerwear cover , or a pantie hose , to keep debris from entering motor. but must keep this protection clean, because you will block the most important ventilation the motor needs.